Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are your plans for St. Patrick's day?

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:44 AM
  • 30 Replies

Good morning ladies!

I was just wondering if you all celebrate St. Patty's day or if it has any special traditions for you?

What will you be doing today?

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Heading to church this morning, taking some snacks to my residents for their party and then not sure what else. Since we were on the road all day yesterday, I'm not sure we want to do much of anything today!

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:51 AM

We don't celebrate it specifically...but will more than likely make a corned beef and cabbage.

I'm up early as I am having breakfast with my Sunday house staff from the group home to go over questions she may have from this past month of her employement.  

Then, we'll head to church, come home and take a nap (my man kept me up way too late last night ;) ), and then our two oldest daughter's will come spend the rest of the day with us...until tonight as we all watch "walking dead" together.  (It's the little things that keep us bonded)..hehe

But, TOMORROW, my baby girl is coming home from college for spring break. woot woot.  I love having her home!

HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY!!!!!

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Quoting darmomusaf:

Heading to church this morning, taking some snacks to my residents for their party and then not sure what else. Since we were on the road all day yesterday, I'm not sure we want to do much of anything today!

I don't blame you as sometimes it's nice to just relax and not do much of anything.  Have a great day!!

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:16 AM

No special traditions other than wearing green.

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:18 AM

How exciting about your daughter! Have a great time.

Quoting momma-t42:

We don't celebrate it specifically...but will more than likely make a corned beef and cabbage.

I'm up early as I am having breakfast with my Sunday house staff from the group home to go over questions she may have from this past month of her employement.  

Then, we'll head to church, come home and take a nap (my man kept me up way too late last night ;) ), and then our two oldest daughter's will come spend the rest of the day with us...until tonight as we all watch "walking dead" together.  (It's the little things that keep us bonded)..hehe

But, TOMORROW, my baby girl is coming home from college for spring break. woot woot.  I love having her home!

HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY!!!!!

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Wearing green IS important today :) unless you like being pinched ;)

Have a great day!

Quoting Bmat:

No special traditions other than wearing green.

jules8289
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:59 AM

No St. Patty's day festivities. Making our last big pot of chili for the cold season and some cupcakes. Playing housework catch up and laundry and getting ready for the work week. I want everything done so I can get a shower and into my pj's to watch The Walking Dead! And I want to get some knitting done somewhere along the line also.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:02 AM

I haven't "celebrated" St. Patrick's Day since I got divorced in 1996.  lol.  My married name was "O'Shea".  I think I mentioned this in another post.  When I was married a lot of our decor was GREEN and when I divorced I stayed away from all things green, as much as possible.  I only recently purchased a pair of olive/gray slacks.  I still don't go out and buy anything with too much green in it, though.  lol.  Corned beef, if it's on sale, I might buy, but not because it's St. Patrick's day.  I just like corned beef and cabbage but want to stay on budget.  lol.

lorirose
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm up cooking corned beef and cabbage. All my kids are coming over for dinner. And of course wearing green. I am half Irish so we always celebrate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Nothing different or celebrating here ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)