Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Change

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:59 PM
  • 41 Replies

Do you like change?  If so what kind of change can you handle?  

If not what things don't you like to change but are better left alone?

My husband bought me a brand new laptop last month.  He let me pick whatever I wanted.  (He actually hoped I'd pick a tablet and conform to the 'new age')  NOPE  I wasn't about to conform.  In fact, I picked the last laptop with a keyboard attached that had a DVD player connected to it.  (They're doing away with those being in laptops all together)

It is a Windows 8 touch screen...and I HATE it!!!  In fact, I am sitting in the kitchen, on our 9 year old desk top as it is easier to go from here to there...and I can't seem to get use to the Windows 8.  My last laptop was a Dell with Windows Vista.  I wish Windows would just STOP and leave the stuff simple for those of us who DON'T want to Conform to the new crap.  AAARGH!!!!

"If it ain't broken, Don't FIX IT!!!"

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:09 PM

LOL  I feel your pain.  Some change is ok and it's probably good for us but if I'm honest I don't usually love it.  Like I recently had to change my work schedule to try to accommadate ONE lady which resulted in my having to change the schedule of 3 others on top of hers.  The reason....I don't mind being flexible but I had my schedule so that I went at least in the same areas on the same day.  Like I don't want to go to one town today and then back there again 2 days later if I don't have to.  Costs too much.  lol  So....I HATE my new schedule.  She and the others are just as happy as can be but me....UGH...not feeling it.  lol  Now I love change when it comes to new bedding or rugs or decor in the house.  LOL   Some kinds of change are GREAT!!!!   LOL  LOL  LOL   :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I guess it depends on the change.  With computers and programs - UGH.  I'm with you - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  Facebook is one site I wish would stop changing! Even CM has gone thru changes and it's hard to get used to them.

But change is a part of life.  It can't all be avoided!  Some changes are fun - I enjoy looking at pics of my kids when they were babies ... and seeing the changes. 

getting2old
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:21 PM

NOOOO I totally dislike change, especially  to something that I would have liked to have stayed  the same. Now change to my weight, hair style, financial situation as a windfall etc, that kind of change is ok!!

hhmmm, maybe I need a new rug :)

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, I can totally understand changing the schedule and trying to keep it in one area on that day.  Maybe you'll get more clients to accomodate the travel?!

I agree, some changes are good.  Like changing my hairstyle :D  

Or, changing my clothes of course...te he...but anything regarding computers, I wish they'd leave things alone!  CM included.  I like the original one when I first joined that they had.  I miss that format.  Facebook also.

But I love watching the change that has occurred in my marriage, in my life...it's just the darn computer stuff.

Quoting louannwilkins:

LOL  I feel your pain.  Some change is ok and it's probably good for us but if I'm honest I don't usually love it.  Like I recently had to change my work schedule to try to accommadate ONE lady which resulted in my having to change the schedule of 3 others on top of hers.  The reason....I don't mind being flexible but I had my schedule so that I went at least in the same areas on the same day.  Like I don't want to go to one town today and then back there again 2 days later if I don't have to.  Costs too much.  lol  So....I HATE my new schedule.  She and the others are just as happy as can be but me....UGH...not feeling it.  lol  Now I love change when it comes to new bedding or rugs or decor in the house.  LOL   Some kinds of change are GREAT!!!!   LOL  LOL  LOL   :)

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:30 PM

You make valid and good points.  I love the changes of my children from baby to the ages they are now..

As far as computers go, couldn't they leave something for the 'simple' people who don't care about touch screens, or pretty arrangements on the screen itself?  

Quoting suzeebloch:

I guess it depends on the change.  With computers and programs - UGH.  I'm with you - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  Facebook is one site I wish would stop changing! Even CM has gone thru changes and it's hard to get used to them.

But change is a part of life.  It can't all be avoided!  Some changes are fun - I enjoy looking at pics of my kids when they were babies ... and seeing the changes. 

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Quoting getting2old:

NOOOO I totally dislike change, especially  to something that I would have liked to have stayed  the same. Now change to my weight, hair style, financial situation as a windfall etc, that kind of change is ok!!

hhmmm, maybe I need a new rug :)

I ESPECIALLY like your way of thinking!!!  A new rug?!  New Furniture!  Those kind of changes I like!!!  Same with weight, when it comes to losing it anyway. ;)

EireLass
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I'm like that with electronic stuff too. I can't keep up fast enough. It doesn't hold enough interest for me to be on top of it, but then when I want to get involved I'm years behind. But really I suppose I'm like that with most things that I find a comfort level in. I used the same bread maker for 30 years, and yesterday was it's last run....just didn't do it anymore.

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I absolutely dread using new things on the computer. Yuk!

Some change is good and can be fun. I hate when you get excited about a change and it just doesn't work well at all. 

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Quoting EireLass:

I'm like that with electronic stuff too. I can't keep up fast enough. It doesn't hold enough interest for me to be on top of it, but then when I want to get involved I'm years behind. But really I suppose I'm like that with most things that I find a comfort level in. I used the same bread maker for 30 years, and yesterday was it's last run....just didn't do it anymore.

I hope your new bread maker is 'user friendly' :)  

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:08 PM

yah,  I kind of feel bad I'm not using my new laptop that takes seconds to boot up.  This one takes 10-15 mins it's so old...haha.  But I am quick on it.

Some change can be fun, I'll admit..but not computer stuff. :)

Quoting LEK19:

I absolutely dread using new things on the computer. Yuk!

Some change is good and can be fun. I hate when you get excited about a change and it just doesn't work well at all. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)