Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

How often do you move your furniture around?

Posted by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:26 PM
  • 26 Replies

both of my adult daughters love to move furniture around, I never do, once its in place, its in place. I guess it just never occurs to me that it should be done now and then for something different.

by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma-t42
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:34 PM
2 moms liked this

When I was young, and newly married, I too loved to change furniture around.  It felt like a new home when I did and motivated cleaning bug in me.  Now, I live in a house where there isn't a lot of room to change the furniture around.  It's not my favorite thing that I don't have many options...so I guess we just have to sell this house and buy a bigger one.  HEHE  :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I enjoy moving things around.  I re-arranged my sofa and love seat this fall before Johnny came home for his Christmas visit.  I'm really due to re-arrange my bedroom.  Maybe next weekend! 

I'd also like to move my computer desk from where it is - in the spring and fall, I like to open my door but in the early moring or at night, when it's dark outside, anyone passing by can see me sitting here at my computer. Fortunately, I live in a small apartment building - there are only 11 other tenants.  But the layout doesn't lend itself to moving it around.  and I have an ancient 32" TV that weighs a ton and is very difficult to move by myself.

atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Never
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I wish I could, but with huge aviaries in my house I am stuck for the most part. 

My step mother used to change everything about once a month. I always loved it!

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have the rom to do it hwere I live now but I used to move furniture a couple times a eyar when I had the space.

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

We have moved twice in the last two years so at least once a year! haha!

We do some re-arranging at Christmas.

I think I may move something around once or twice a year. I'll change everything around if I can get some new furniture!!! or even good used furniture!!!!

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM
2 moms liked this

I used to do this often, but now have found the best configuration for each room so tend to leave it in place and only move things to dust.  I have to rearrange the living room furniture somewhat when I put up a Christmas tree. 

smile357
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband does it often. I've gotten used to taken our boy out to the park and coming home and finding the living room or other rooms torn apart and or sitting in another place.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this

My family used to make fun of me when I was a pre-teen - I would move my bedroom furniture around a couple of times a year.  I really have not done that much as an adult.  It would be a pain to move the pictures around!

jabs54
by Jeanine on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Never.  It's so crowded in here I don't have room ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)