Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Lost my Mastercard

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:06 PM
  • 16 Replies

Oh crap.  I went down to Bellingham, WA today for some shopping, groceries and other stuff.  I got gas in my car at the Fred Meyer gas bar, then went into Fred for the non-perishable items on my list.  I next hit the mall, had lunch in the food court, and bought a couple of T-shirts and a purse at Macy's.  I looked around in a few other stores, but didn't buy anything else.    I then headed back to Fred Meyer for the milk, eggs, butter, cheese, frozen stuff which I always put in my cooler type grocery bags to keep  them cold while driving back home.    When I went to pay for my groceries, I realized I no longer had my Mastercard, which I had last used at Macy's.   Fortunately had a VISA card to pay for the grocs. Then back to Macy's, same woman who sold me the purse, but she didn't have my card, which I was hoping just go left behind.   I had to head home, so I told my husband and he phoned Mastercard and cancelled my card.  There were no other charges put on it except mine from today.   MC will send me a new card in a week or so.   I have no idea what happened to it, but don't remember getting it back from the clerk at Macy's and there were several other people around the till waiting to be served when she was finished with me.   

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyDiamond927
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Sorry about that...but thank goodness dh was able to cancel it asap, before someone tried to use it. That happened to me once, the cashier never gave me back my card.....

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:10 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:12 AM

That's a bummer,
She should have turned it in if she was the last person to have had it & she still might
Good it is canceeled though but still a hassel ..

stepmominhell
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:18 AM
I'm sorry you were unable to find your card, but the good thing is that it's canceled now. Also that no other charges were added to it. I would still verify the bill when it comes in though. Keep you receipts for today so if anything else shows up on the bill you can dispute the charges.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Thankfuly you caught it before someone used it.

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:58 AM
That can cause some unwanted anxiety. Thank goodness no other transactions had occurred.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:51 AM

At least you caught it before more charges were put on it.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 19, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Glad  you were able to retrace your steps but I'm sorry you didn't find your card.  Also glad you were able to get it cancelled.  What a hassel, though!  I lost my debit card once but fortunately was in the process of closing that checking account so I simply cancelled the debit card and then about 2 weeks later closed the account anyway. Still, it unnerved me that I could simply lose that card.

rosebud727
by Rose on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I hate when that happens! Good thing you were able to catch it early on.

Btw, we don't have Fred Meyers here but dang I love those stores. First time I went to one was a few years back while traveling through OR and WA.

Why123
by Nancy on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:31 AM

It is a good thing that you caught it before anyone had a chance to use it.

getting2old
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 10:53 AM

oh that is such a sickening feeling . So glad that it wasnt used

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)