Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Oh crap.  I went down to Bellingham, WA today for some shopping, groceries and other stuff.  I got gas in my car at the Fred Meyer gas bar, then went into Fred for the non-perishable items on my list.  I next hit the mall, had lunch in the food court, and bought a couple of T-shirts and a purse at Macy's.  I looked around in a few other stores, but didn't buy anything else.    I then headed back to Fred Meyer for the milk, eggs, butter, cheese, frozen stuff which I always put in my cooler type grocery bags to keep  them cold while driving back home.    When I went to pay for my groceries, I realized I no longer had my Mastercard, which I had last used at Macy's.   Fortunately had a VISA card to pay for the grocs. Then back to Macy's, same woman who sold me the purse, but she didn't have my card, which I was hoping just go left behind.   I had to head home, so I told my husband and he phoned Mastercard and cancelled my card.  There were no other charges put on it except mine from today.   MC will send me a new card in a week or so.   I have no idea what happened to it, but don't remember getting it back from the clerk at Macy's and there were several other people around the till waiting to be served when she was finished with me.   

by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Replies (11-16):
Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Probably it wasn't stolen, since it seems that theives use them within a couple minutes of taking them, and your company would have probably called you if there were unusual charges. Good idea to cancel as soon as possible. It is very annoying when a card is lost or missing.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Such a pain when losing a debit or credit card.  A big hassel at best.  But luckily you got it cancelled quickly and no other charges appeared on it other than yours.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:51 PM

That's such a scary feeling!!  I'm glad you realized it quickly so you could cancel it!! :)

Esmrlda
by Esme on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I hate when that happens!  Good thing it was not used before he was able to cancel it.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:21 PM

I hate that when that happens!   One time my husband left his card at a gas station while we were on vacation.  Talk about anxiety!

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Calling immediately is a good thing. Credit card companies have been good about taking care of that sort of thing. In my experience anyway. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)