Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids
i seriously feel sick. my 19 yr old son who lives with me free of charge says tonight that he doesnt respect me now or never has. he treats me like dirt and always has. i was always the one ho made sure he hada roof over his head and all . i just dont know what to do with these out of control adult kids.
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Replies (31-34):
nana9106
by Darlene on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Oh no way! That is YOUR home, he is an adult, whether he acts like one or not. Show him the door...wish him luck. There is no reason for you to LET him treat you that way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
caro100
by Carol on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:54 PM

If he doesn't respect you, show him the way to the door.  

homeskoolmama
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Tell him to move out. My house, respect me and my rules or out you go. Simple. But easier said than done because everyone is different and has different levels of tolerance.

Shellness
by Michell on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:43 AM

I don't understand the reasoning behind so many of them feeling so "intitled". We've been to darn good to them. I guess it wasnt doing them any favors was it? They are going to learn how the world works one day and its going to be a hard lesson, I guarantee. I'm sorry he is being this way towards you. He will be sorry for doing it one day, I'm sure. Try not to take it to heart. Tell him to get out and find his own place to live, ,you don't need his abuse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)