Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Fun and easy....

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:26 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

Omelets.  With a fork or whisk  mix up 2 eggs.  Put into a 1 quart ziplock freezer bag, drop in your favorite omelet fixings.  Put int a pot ofboiling water and boil for 15 minutes.  Open bag onto plate and whahoo you have an omelet.  Be sure to use freezer bag.  We do this a lot when camping, sitting out all sorts of things to put in the omelet, cheese, ham, bacon, peppers, whatever, then everyone writes their name with marker on their bag, puts ingredients in and drops it into the boiling water.   Amazingly it comes out looking like an omelet.   This is a quick way to make omelets for a crowd and everyone gets the kind they want

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LEK19
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Freezer bags work in boiling water?

We tent camp and usually eat very light. We don't bring eggs. But that does sound like a neat idea. And you could use the hot water to wash your dishes!

KittyGram
by Becky on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

The problem with this, is that the chemicals that are in the plastic will leech into the food.  Not a good idea. 

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I prefer mine the old fashion way,cooked in a frying pan. I like it nice and brown on the outside.  

But I have heard of this before.  Just like wrappin gyour food in tin foil and placing it on your engine while you drive and the heat from the engine cooks the food!?!  I saw them doing this on one of the talk shows for like if you're going somewhere for camping or picnic ect.  I don't hink I would be too keen on that idea either.  Ya figure there gotta be some kind of fumes near your food,right?  

But the people were eating it. To each there own I guess.lolI actually found a site that tell you how to do this. And how long to drive to cook certain things. They call carbequeing! 

caro100
by Carol on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Cool, I worry about bpa in the plastic bag though.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I've gotta try this it would be so much easier than trying to fold those damn things wgich I cannot do without making some kind iof mess.

gmadiane
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:38 PM

thats interesting

Esmrlda
by Esme on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:19 PM

clapping Awesome!  I am going to try this over Easter weekend when we have alot of company. Could be fun!

jabs54
by Jeanine on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:23 PM

It sounds cool but I know they warn against reheating anything in plastic...

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:14 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Thanks for the great idea :)

homeskoolmama
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I read that somewhere. Have you tried it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)