Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Spring is here! 3-20-2013

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:23 PM
  • 64 Replies

welcome spring.gif          butterfly on head

How is your weather?  Are you having any spring weather or is it still cold dreary and wintry out?

Will you plant a garden?  What do you usually plant?   gardening  

Will you be taking a spring vacation? travel 

Will your Adult Kids come home from college on their spring break?

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maddie24
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Love this weather.  Daffodils, hyacinths and narcissus everywhere!  Smells heavenly.  My DDs are grown and working - but I do believe me DD is taking the week of with my DGD.  I am hoping they have fun!  I have no vacation plans and will most likely not get to go anywhere.  I am anxious to plant herbs and flowers!!!  I am happy to just play in the dirt! 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Today was nice.  We have lots of stuff blooming here.  The temps are nuts though.  One day is in the 70's and then yesterday we were in the 40's.  lol  I think starting tomorrow we have rain, cold and or cloudy for the next 5 days.  Oh joy....lol   :)

jabs54
by Jeanine on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:26 PM

And...here in Wisconsin it will be 19 degrees :(   In 3 weeks my dd and I are going to Chicago for the weekend.  We plan on doing a lot of walking (zoo).  We really wish it was much warmer as we don't want to drag our big winter coats.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

NOT looking like spring here in the D. It's in the 20's and will barely reach the 30's tomorrow! sticking out tongue

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:30 PM

I will plant a flower garden but that won't happen here until the beginning of May.

MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:33 PM

We're having a blizzard. I think spring forgot us!

stepmominhell
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:35 PM

We had snow last night, and then it melted today.  My 4 legged kids loved running in the puddles today.   I would love to grow a garden, but the kids run all through it.

I might try growing some veggies on the upper deck. 

atlmom2
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Wish it was nice here. Windy as hell. Snow on the ground. This morning our wind chill was -2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma-t42
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:48 PM

It was 80 degrees out on Friday.  Had to turn the AC here and there for a jolt of cool.

Then, on Saturday, heater had to be back on...It was snowing today, and expecting a couple inches on Thursday.  

My baby is home this week for Spring break.  Unfortunately, no vacation.  But heck, she's going to Miami, Fl. in May for 10 days with her sister and my brother and SIL.   So, she's doing okay :)

I always have the "Want to plant a garden" in my thoughts, but have only planted a vegetable garden once.  I like flower gardens too, but they are quite expensive and I prefer annuals.  Yet, they die and have to be replanted, and frankly, I hate spending my money that way most summers (unless a special event is happening).  So in reality, I doubt I'll do either as we will be traveling to take long vacations together and I know my kids wouldn't take care if we are gone.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:18 PM

We had 80's on Friday,60's on Saturday now the heat is on and they're calling for 3-6 inches on snow on Thursday into Friday and more wintery mix over the weekend.  Then next week we're not supposed to get out of the 40's.brrrrr

I so want warmer weather. I don' t have a very green thumb but am planning on planting some tomato's and strawberry plants this year. Something I can grown in large pots on my front porch. Our yard is just to hard and full of rocks to try to amke a garden.

We're planning on our vacation the end of May. Am looking forward to and counting down the days until my new grandbaby arrives sometime in May.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)