Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

When was the last time you made pancakes?

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:26 PM
  • 72 Replies

Do you make them for you family when everyone is home?  Do you make them often?  

Did you make them for your children  while they were growing up or only on special occasions.

by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

We use to have them every Christmas morning when my dad was alive and then we stopped after his death.  This past Christmas though I made them for everyone and it was a nice time.  I make them from time to time.  I made blueberry pancakes just a couple of weeks ago because my granddaughter wanted some  :)

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I make pancakes just about every weekend that my DGD is here.  She loves them.  Yum Yum.  I am not a pancake fan - but my kids always loved them when they were growing up. 

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:54 PM

I honestly don't care for pancakes made at home.  They just don't taste the same and seem more dense than the ones at restaurants.

But, I do make them for the girls at the group home I work.  It's usually blueberry pancakes, and I don't eat them myself.

My husband and kids made them while they were growing up for the most part.

Monique78
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:56 PM
3 moms liked this
Lol unfortunately i make them everyday im a manager at IHOP
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:09 PM

We had "breakfast" together nearly every Sunday when the kids were young - pancakes were a regular, or french toast, or biscuits - all homemade.  After my divorce, I splurged and bought myself a waffle iron!  I don't think I've made pancakes ever since.  Now my kids are moved away from home, and I'm on a low-carb way of eating.  BUT, I found a really swell recipe to make flaxseed meal waffles - the net carbs is practically nil because the fiber in the flaxseed meal "zeros out" the carbs.  I don't have these too often but every now and then I'll make up a batch!

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:18 PM

I don't make them often. I've never had the best of luck with them.

It's probably been a month.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Love pancakes, waffles, french toast.  My dh doesn't like them so I haven't made them in years.   But, every once in a awhile we go to Perkins and I have them.

boys2men2soon
by Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I made them Sunday...  green pancakes for St. Patty's Day!     We have pancakes once a month or so... on weekend mornings when we are all together.

rosebud727
by Rose on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:30 PM

I don't make them often because we're empty nesters and my husband doesn't like them. The last time both girls were home together at the same time I made them...oh wait no I didn't I made waffles that time.

It's been awhile I guess.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:34 PM
I made them Sunday before church!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN