Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dh was a kid in a candy shop today

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:24 PM
  • 22 Replies

He is a history freak and is over in Israel.  He went to Masada today over near the Dead Sea.  I had no idea what it was.  He took pictures till the camera battery died, lol.  He is a description of what it is. 

Masada (Hebrew מצדה, pronounced About this sound Metzada) is an ancient fortification in the Southern District of Israel, on top of an isolated rock plateau (akin to a mesa) on the eastern edge of the Judaean Desert, overlooking the Dead Sea. Herod the Great built palaces for himself on the mountain and fortified Masada between 37 and 31 BCE. The Siege of Masada by troops of the Roman Empire towards the end of the First Jewish–Roman War ended in the mass suicide of the 960 Jewish rebels and their families holed up there. Masada is located 20 kilometres (12 mi) east of Arad.

Masada is Israel's most popular paid tourist attraction.[1]

Come join me at The Duggars Debate, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:27 PM
That is so awesome!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jabs54
by Jeanine on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:43 PM

That is so cool!

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:49 PM

What an amazing part of the world to visit, supposed to be so interesting.  I visited Turkey once, and toured some sites that were also very ancient, and just loved it.  Your husband must be so happy to see all of those wonders, and experience the history.  

atlmom2
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Dh has been to Turkey a couple times to.

Quoting DesignGirl450:

What an amazing part of the world to visit, supposed to be so interesting.  I visited Turkey once, and toured some sites that were also very ancient, and just loved it.  Your husband must be so happy to see all of those wonders, and experience the history.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Thats such an interesting part of the world with such rich history and Biblical sights. Compared to them our history is practically like a newborn country still.

I've read about this place before,I believe in a National Geographic or Smithsonian magazine.It would be amazing to see it in real life.  I would be the same as your husband. My camera would be worn out before I left the country.lol

homeskoolmama
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:03 PM

oh my husband would be in heaven as well.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:10 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Hugs on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:07 AM

That is so cool ;)

Shellness
by Michell on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Really awesome. I would love to go there but would be scared to go there.

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:01 PM

I had read about Masada before. How wonderful that your son is getting to see these sites.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:17 PM

LOL men can be jsut as adorable as kids when they are excited!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)