Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adult Children

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:55 AM
  • 14 Replies

My name is Lisa Cameron and I am a mom to two sons who are intelligent, compassionate people.  My husband, Jason and I have spent our entire lives loving and teaching them with great results.  As they are adults now it is hard sometimes knowing where to draw the line and minding our own business.  They are 25 and 27 now and still live with us.  They pay us rent every week to contribute to the household budget.  We love them so very much.  Justin is an artist and works at a tattoo artist and he is one of two portrait artists in the state of Massachusetts, and Steven is working on revolutionary technology building engines that are electro-magnetic and are built for our military.  Jason and I have been together for 29 years in August 2013.  We love each other so very much and plan on spending eternity with each other.   Both of the boys look just like their father which I think is great. 

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Welcome!  Your post was one of the first I read this morning and I have a smile on my face that your marriage and family have turned out so well. Thank you for posting about it. It shoulds as though you can be very proud of your sons. I also have two adult sons who are doing fine and a happy long term marriage.

nana9106
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Welcome to Moms with Adult Kids.  Congrats on your family's success!  It is so good to hear of marriages that weathered the storms.  Your sons sound like great kids!  I have 2 DD and a granddaughter.  Look forward to hearing more from you on CM!   

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Welcome to the group.  I, too, had to smile when I read your post as I have enjoyed a long and very happy marriage and have three adult children who like yours are doing well.  None of mine live at  home as all are married and have become the parents of my five gorgeous granddaughters.  I look forward to reading your posts and getting to know you.

kuntrylady56
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Hi! And welcome.  It sounds like you and your husband have did a great job on raising two very talented men. And congratulations on such a long and sucessful marriage.  welcome

jlsjjsmom
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Welcome to the group! I think it's harder to 'mind your own business' when they live with you. Our boys are 23 and 25 and the 23 year old lives with us. Since we see him every day it's easy to kind of revert back to viewing him as a kid, offering unsolicited advice, etc. I find it easier with the older ds that is away at medical school. DH and I will be married 30 years in May so I'm guessing he's a keeper!

jabs54
by Jeanine on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Hi and welcome :) 

Esmrlda
by Esme on Mar. 22, 2013 at 5:03 PM

welcome

DesignGirl450
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Welcome, Lisa.  It sounds like your family is doing very well, and that's great.  I am Lynda, married with a 21-year-old daughter who lives at home is attending college.  We live in a suburb of Vancouver, BC.  In May she is moving to Italy to work as a nanny.  Looking forward to seeing your posts. 

Scottishbrat33
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:23 PM

The way things are with the economy I am not surprised Your boys lived at home.It sounds like they have good jobs.You all get along that is a gift.People are moving in together shareing the rent.The money situation  is not good .God has blessed you with a wonderful family, enjoy it time goes by too fast

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)