Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Dear America......

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:47 PM
  • 19 Replies

You want to why so many poor people are fat? Because it costs me $6.18 for apples that are not dry and mealy, and almost $5 for a small loaf of whole grain bread. 

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:34 PM

That explains why so many people are poor! haha.

It really does cost alot to eat better food. I'm more specific on food items than my husband. He doesn't offer to do the grocery shopping or anything, but if he's going to pick up a couple things for me when he's out doing things....it's usually things I would never buy. I'm a stickler on non-GMO, organic, local grown, local made items.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Mar. 22, 2013 at 4:36 PM

So true, the cheaper stuff is the stuff that is full or sugar and preservatives.  Or things like white rice, pasta, top ramon, macaroni and cheese.  1.99 for a loaf of white bread.  All fattening stuff. 

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:10 PM

That is certainly a true fact. 

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Thank you very much!! I wish more people realized this.

kimbee5
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:16 PM

time to grow the gardens and start cookingfrom scratch....

i used to love making bread as a kid, then liked the bread machine....it diedand i have lost my touch in bread making...it is not as good as i remember..lol

homeskoolmama
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Try going to Trader Joe's and buying apples. Crazy

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:54 PM

I had the same experience with bread. I used to make all of our own, then got the bread machine, which died, and now the bread I have made doesn't seem as good.

Quoting kimbee5:

time to grow the gardens and start cookingfrom scratch....

i used to love making bread as a kid, then liked the bread machine....it diedand i have lost my touch in bread making...it is not as good as i remember..lol

louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:55 PM

This right here   :)

Quoting Cindy18:

stepmominhell
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I would have to agree with this.  A lot of folks do't realize how much things cost.  And like one of the others mentioned, if my DH does the shopping he only picks up stuff he likes.  I work from a home office, and surprisingly my weeks worth of lunches are never discussed.  Meanwhile he makes sure to get his lunch supplies every week.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Quoting Cindy18:

kimbee5
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:05 PM

i work from a home office too...as in i take care of the books for our own business....but i must say my lunches are always better....and fresher

Quoting stepmominhell:

I would have to agree with this.  A lot of folks do't realize how much things cost.  And like one of the others mentioned, if my DH does the shopping he only picks up stuff he likes.  I work from a home office, and surprisingly my weeks worth of lunches are never discussed.  Meanwhile he makes sure to get his lunch supplies every week.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Quoting Cindy18:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN