Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

??QOTD?? 03/23/13

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:34 AM
  • 23 Replies

Are you a friendly person? Do strangers talk to you? If so, what about you makes you so easy to talk to?

~~Cindy

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I'm very shy. No one knows it. People do talk to me. I think I look "safe" to them.

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Yes, Yes I am. I am friendly.  Strangers often talk to me, mainly because I am polite and I smile. I also listen.

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

((hugs)) 

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

I'm very shy. No one knows it. People do talk to me. I think I look "safe" to them.

LEK19
More snow and winter weight training never stops!
Yesterday at 12:40 PM
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:17 AM

For the most part, yes, I am a friendly person.

I will often be the one people will single out to ask for help or directions. I am lousy at directions, though. Maybe I just look like I know where I am going! haha!

When I was working, doing home visits was a part of the job. Some parents would tell me later that they were worried about having a stranger come into their home, but then after they met me and I had visited a few times they realized I was easy to work with and they were at ease talking about their family situations. 

I don't know the answer to "why?" Maybe having a sense of humor, being able to listen, pointing out their family strengths (all families have them), letting them know I am human, too. That was in my job.

I have no idea why strangers will. Maybe because I smile and look them in the eye?

I, also, can let people know when I don't want to be approached.

Either way, I think it is in the body language.

What about you??

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I had a stranger stop me in a grocery store once and tell me that she had been feeling lonely and depressed and that when I smiled at her it made her day. I was humbled.

Why123
by Nancy on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I do talk to strangers.  I have some really nice people that way.

EireLass
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:48 AM

When I lived in MA....most people were not friendly, had a bit of an attitude. Chip on their shoulder. Angry, etc.

Now I live in ME....EVERYONE is friendly, very happy, act like there isn't a care in the world, and would do anything they can to help you.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I would say I am friendly and often get into conversations with people where ever I am, people in the check out line ahead of or behind me in stores, for example, or sometimes just walking down the street.  Being a nurse in a trauma unit, I became accustomed to dealing with and interacting with strangers so I am pretty comfortable in conversing with everyone.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I'm not really outgoing person but I try to be friendly to everybody I meet. I  listen well  and am there for my friends and family.  And if a stranger comes up to me I'll smile and be helpful if I can,I can carry on a conversation with about anyone.lol  

And I seem to have people come up to me quite often when I out shopping ect. to ask me question about wheres this or that or even asked me for direction and or good places to eat in the area.  I think now its because I look like the grandmotherly type.lol  

And working where you have to serve and deal with all kinds of people you have to be able to talk to anybody and show your best side even if you're not in the best of moods that day.lol 

homeskoolmama
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I do, I talk to people in line at the store,anywhere. I just start talking to them. MY mom always said I was dear abby because after 2 minutes of meeting someone I know their life story and all their troubles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)