Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Swing Dancing and how that went ... :o)

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:05 AM
  • 11 Replies

Friday was our Wellness Friday!  We started out the morning discussing ideas for future Wellness Fridays.  I had arranged for an answering service to cover our phones for the day (for merely $25 the entire day!).  A lot of the ideas got vetoed by the bosses but whatever.  At least we did come up with enough to cover probably the rest of the year.

At 11:30, we headed off to LuLu's Thai Noodle restaurant, where I had made reservations. Even though I had noted that in my nightly list, I was still questioned by the WB, in front of everyone, whether I had made them or not.  Grrr.  But lunch was nice.

After lunch, it was back to the office to catch up on messages - and I had quite a productive break as I ended up scheduling a meeting with both bosses to meet with the director of the Hispanic Development Foundation for a grant funding meeting in April, and I also talked to a printer about printing flyers for an upcoming event on April 5 for our nonprofit clinic!  Then we workerbees played hangman using immigration terms. That was fun!

Then we headed off to learn how to Swing Dance at the KC Ballet School.  The beauty of this is that we were ALL ON THE SAME LEVEL, including the two bosses! I was concerned about the partner situation as there are 5 men and 7 women - but the instructor had the men form an inner circle, the women form an outer circle, and then as we learned the steps the men would rotate so that everyone danced with everyone!  We all worked up quite the sweat in the 90 minutes we were there and there was a lot of laughing going on!  You really had to concentrate and coordinate with your partner the steps and timing and when to twirl and how not to crash into each other.  All the ladies got to dance with all the men several times.  for me, I found it was best if I just watched my partner's feet and counted.  lol. I think the HB had the worst moves of all. Another coworker and I were determined to "get it right!" and really focused on that each time we partnered up. We were like "we can DO this!"  But what I liked best is that this was something both the BOSSES were equally "bad" at!  And we all had a great time.

After that was done, all but 2 of us met at a bar down the street, and we all had a couple of drinks (me, iced tea!).  Ended up leaving just ahead of 5.

We are under a Winter Weather Advisory (just upgraded to a Winter Weather WARNING this morning) and since it was early, I went and picked up my new glasses and was able to get my Saturday morning running around done last night.  I just have 2 places to go today.  Now I'm waiting for my friend, Kevin, to call me and we're meeting for breakfast.  Then I have most of the rest of the weekend to relax.

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:56 AM

That sounds like a fun time yesterday!!  I'm glad that both bosses participated and didn't have any excuses as to why they couldn't go.  lol  Too bad we don't have some video of you all!!  lol  Sorry about the winter weather.  Ugh...go away already.  lol   Enjoy your day and get some rest and have fun with Kevin!     :)

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Sounds like things went well! Glad you had a good time.

LEK19
I feel Halloween in the air!
Yesterday at 3:43 PM
by Platinum Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:30 AM

What fun! Yeah, those equalizing the boss times can be hilarious!! At least they were good sports about it. I would love to be able to swing dance. Don't know if I could do it but it would be fun trying.

My second son was in a show choir in high school. He learned a lot of different dances including swing and Michael Jackson's Thriller dance. He was pretty good!

We are still having weather advisories from time to time. A bit of green would be nice about now!

Enjoy your breakfast!

Bmat
by Barb on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:16 AM

What an exciting time! You did very well. Stay safe in the weather.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Sounds like a good time was had by all and that's a good thing.  I used to love to swing dance although you are right, it takes a bit of concentration.  Hope your weather improves soon.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Sounds like fun.  My dd took a dance class in her first year at college and loved it.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:17 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Sounds like a fabulous time, how cool!
Love just about any kind of dancing so imagine it was a hoot to watch <g>
Bummer on your weather but glad you are about done with errands.
have a great rest of the weekend :)

homeskoolmama
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Sounds like a great Friday. I think I would have enjoyed the swing dancing.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 3:21 PM

That really is a great idea.  Is wellness Friday every Friday or once a month?  What kind of activity ideas have you all come up with  for the rest of the year? (I still like the idea of paint-ball for your WB.)  I wish I could dance - but I am absolutely horrible!  It sounds like you all had a great time.

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:08 AM
It sounds like fun... Next, you'll be on "Dancing with the stars" ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)