Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

I am doing it! I am getting a tummy tuck...

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:41 PM
  • 20 Replies

...in May.  I absolutely cannot WAIT, though I am nervous about any complication that might result in, at the minimum, me having to take more time off work--I'm taking a two week vacation and I have NO desire to tell my boss why!  I think I might have told my last boss, but he just got promoted away from me and while my new boss seems like an okay guy, I barely know him yet...anybody else ever have a tummy tuck, or know anyone who has?

by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Have not but am glad you are!
Hope you'll keep us posted on it all.
How long is the recovery time?
Wishing you the best of luck with this ;)

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:24 AM

No but I ould love to get one myyself, that or a boob lift. I don't want enhancment but the girls just are perky any more.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 6:32 AM

Good for you!

I've never had any kind of plastic surgery, it's not for me.

You do not have to tell anyone what you are doing while you are on vacation.

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:26 AM

No, I've never had a tummy tuck, but have had breast augmentation 13 years ago.  It's nice to do something for yourself.  One of my friends had a whole mommy make over with breasts, and tummy tuck...she is glad she did it, but said it was brutal recovery.  best wishes to you :)

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:35 AM
My sister had a tuck. Worse pain of her life. And then she had to diet and exercise to keep the look.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Denisethedaring
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I'm supposed to be able to go back to work in 2 weeks...I really hope that's how it works out!

Quoting hugss:

Denisethedaring
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I don't mind dieting and exercising--I already do!  I can't imagine that this'll be worse than either my c-section or the two rounds of spinal surgery I've had in the past 3 years...unless there's a complication. :(  I need to stop stressing about that!

Quoting marchantmom06:

My sister had a tuck. Worse pain of her life. And then she had to diet and exercise to keep the look.

Denisethedaring
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I'm just having the tummy tuck...hopefully my recovery won't be so bad! :(   

Quoting momma-t42:

No, I've never had a tummy tuck, but have had breast augmentation 13 years ago.  It's nice to do something for yourself.  One of my friends had a whole mommy make over with breasts, and tummy tuck...she is glad she did it, but said it was brutal recovery.  best wishes to you :)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds good!  Please do keep us posted on all this :)

Quoting Denisethedaring:

I'm supposed to be able to go back to work in 2 weeks...I really hope that's how it works out!

Quoting hugss:

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:40 AM
She had 3 kids naturally, 2 c-sections and was in a wreck that broke both her femurs and she requires tons of nuts and bolts. She said this was 10xs worse than any of those. Don't stress about complications. Just follow the drs orders and de stress.

Quoting Denisethedaring:

I don't mind dieting and exercising--I already do!  I can't imagine that this'll be worse than either my c-section or the two rounds of spinal surgery I've had in the past 3 years...unless there's a complication. :(  I need to stop stressing about that!

Quoting marchantmom06:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)