Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

A new trend?

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:50 PM
  • 19 Replies

I have over 1,000 FB friends..mostly for games so I see a lot of posts on my wall for various things. For the past couple of months, I have seen a crap load of posts with a picture of someone holding a sign containing their birth information and asking for help finding their birth parents. Have you noticed this? Do you think it is a good idea or do you think they are setting themselves up for disappointment and possible scammers?

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Not on mine but I have 70 friends and I know them all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:01 PM

That is about how many I would have if I didn't play the games LOL

Quoting atlmom2:

Not on mine but I have 70 friends and I know them all.

kam013
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I've been seeing a lot of those too and I don't have nearly as many friends as you have (under 200 I think).  Those and the "if I get X number of likes my ??? will let me do X"  The other new one is "can you list a movie, state, etc without the letter "E" (or whatever)."

They are driving me crazy!!!  I think even the adoption ones, many of them are just spam!

jabs54
by Jeanine on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Sounds fishy.

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I too have seen those posts.  I don't put much thought into if they're real or not.  I just look and know I don't have any clue who they are.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Same here

Quoting momma-t42:

I too have seen those posts.  I don't put much thought into if they're real or not.  I just look and know I don't have any clue who they are.

jlsjjsmom
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:23 PM
I have a couple hundred fb friends. With the exception of 8 of 10 that I 'met' on another parenting site I know them all personally. Never seen the situation you describe. From what I understand there's lots of legit ways to find birth parents on the Internet these days.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Not on mine,
I have less than 70 friends & none have done that.
I bet it is true & not done by scammers though :)

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:01 AM
I don't think the posts are by scammers (although some could be, I guess). I do believe that making such posts could possibly open them up to being scammed by someone else.

Quoting hugss:

Not on mine,
I have less than 70 friends & none have done that.
I bet it is true & not done by scammers though :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
caro100
by Carol on Mar. 27, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Really? I only have 63.  I think scamming could go both ways, that guy showed up on mine too, I think it is possible that they may be close to being dead or in nursing home. Anyway Iguess it is another way of getting info. out there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)