Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today.....Wednesday?

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:53 AM
  • 27 Replies

come tell us.....

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 27, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Hello ladies....it's toast and coffee time.  I have a short work day and a funeral to go to this afternoon.  Two of the women in our church lost their mom and her service is today.  Most of their family goes to our church.  The sisters, their kids and their kids etc..So...not sure what else other than I need to go walk.  Hop you all have a great day  :)

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:08 AM
Good morning!
I woke up with a blasted headache. Grand baby stayed the night last night as I have her all day today.
Probably go out and do Easter shopping.

Funerals can be bitter sweet in some cases. It's nice to see people you otherwise wouldn't .. But not so much fun under those circumstances. Nice of you to go.
Have a good day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:09 AM

Back to work for me this morning, I've been off for five days. I'm ready to go back. Heading to my nephew's basketball game after work and then a quiet evening at home. Gonna have to figure out what to make for our church pot luck dinner for Maundy Thursday tomorrow, any suggestions??

louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:20 AM

I hope you and Nora have a great day and that your headache goes away!   :)

Quoting momma-t42:

Good morning!
I woke up with a blasted headache. Grand baby stayed the night last night as I have her all day today.
Probably go out and do Easter shopping.

Funerals can be bitter sweet in some cases. It's nice to see people you otherwise wouldn't .. But not so much fun under those circumstances. Nice of you to go.
Have a good day.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Ahhh, Wednesday!  This means weekend is just around the corner.

I felt miserable all day yesterday - this stupid cold is settling in and making itself at home. Ugh. Work was - well, hectic, but the WB pretty much left me alone all day.  Thank goodness.  After work, I met Brian at Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner.  He was the highlight of my day, to say the least!

I will have to stay late Thursday night - the Board of Directors and I will be meeting AT 5:00 (grrr) to go over the grant applications. I have everything I can possibly get done filled in but still need financial information.  They just switched to a new accountant (fired the last one) and he hasn't given me the financials I've requested. 

Oh, the front desk guy gave his 2-week notice yesterday. surprise surprise.  This makes 8 people now who have started and quit since I began working there in October 2011.  Only two other "new hires" since me have survived - the Clinic assistant, MM just had her one-year annivesary but is planning to move back to San Diego in early summer.  The Clinic's attorney, GA, started a month after I did.  The three of us comprise the nonprofit law clinic and have bonded very well.  We work together fabulously except the WB and HB don't want us to do things "our way" so that makes it difficult but IIWII.  (it is what it is).  And the three of us go back to the office EVERY DAY to see what else we can take.  lol. 

Have a good one, ladies!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Enjoy your day back at work.  Hmm....let me think on the potluck.  I'm sure you'll get some good ideas here today.   :)

Quoting darmomusaf:

Back to work for me this morning, I've been off for five days. I'm ready to go back. Heading to my nephew's basketball game after work and then a quiet evening at home. Gonna have to figure out what to make for our church pot luck dinner for Maundy Thursday tomorrow, any suggestions??

Why123
by Nancy on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:03 AM

I haven't decided what I want to do today yet.  I may go check out the school where my daughter teaches. 

atlmom2
by Gold Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Maybe some spring cleaning.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Boring house stuff :)

louannwilkins
by Louann on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I'm sorry you're not feeling well.  Hopefully some of those hot wings opened your head up for a little while.  lol  I LOVE boneless buffalo wings.  YUM!!  I wish I had some now!! LOL  Take care and have a good day   :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Ahhh, Wednesday!  This means weekend is just around the corner.

I felt miserable all day yesterday - this stupid cold is settling in and making itself at home. Ugh. Work was - well, hectic, but the WB pretty much left me alone all day.  Thank goodness.  After work, I met Brian at Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner.  He was the highlight of my day, to say the least!

I will have to stay late Thursday night - the Board of Directors and I will be meeting AT 5:00 (grrr) to go over the grant applications. I have everything I can possibly get done filled in but still need financial information.  They just switched to a new accountant (fired the last one) and he hasn't given me the financials I've requested. 

Oh, the front desk guy gave his 2-week notice yesterday. surprise surprise.  This makes 8 people now who have started and quit since I began working there in October 2011.  Only two other "new hires" since me have survived - the Clinic assistant, MM just had her one-year annivesary but is planning to move back to San Diego in early summer.  The Clinic's attorney, GA, started a month after I did.  The three of us comprise the nonprofit law clinic and have bonded very well.  We work together fabulously except the WB and HB don't want us to do things "our way" so that makes it difficult but IIWII.  (it is what it is).  And the three of us go back to the office EVERY DAY to see what else we can take.  lol. 

Have a good one, ladies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)