Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are You A Mother In Law Yet?

Posted by   + Show Post

How many daughters and or son in laws do you have?Do you have a good relationship with them?

by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Replies (31-40):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:46 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Hugs on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Nope not yet & I have 2 sons,
Soon I hope :)

mamamiajk
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Yes...twice over....and a third on the way. lol I had 2 MIL that made my life a living hell and I swore I would NEVER be that way. So far so good but my 2nd DIL is moving to Japan ( USAF) and I am very sad because I won't see my grandson and I have never met my newest grand daughter.

emeraldc2
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:53 AM

I have one sil, and he is awesome! They have been married for about a year and a half.

terri-553
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:57 AM

I have 2 ex-d-i-laws,And 1 new d-in-law.And one son has a new g/friend,Oops and Stephenie.Almost forgot her,Let;s see MIchael/Cindy divorced-they have Jason(he is 14)amber (she is ours)we feel like she has been w/us,15 years,she will enter TEXAS A&Min the fall.Yes,Cindy(ex-d-in-law)and I are freinds.Heather(ex-wife to son )Randy twice in almost 10 years yes we are still friends,They have Taylor she is almost 8.Now Michael(son)has new wife Lisa we are also friends,Stephenie is w/Junior(7 years)they have twins/Victoria,Amber is Randy;s g/friend she has Patrick(he is 5)

tinysmom160
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I have none yet but I will be a better mother in law then my MIL is. second my daughter and son both have had boyfriends anf girl friends and I have gotten along just fine.

pegerik6
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:15 PM

My oldest 2 girls are 19 and 21 and are not ready for that commitment yet..

PestPatti
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I hve 2 sons, and 1 daughter in law.   I met my daughter in law in 2002.  She is a sweet young women, a high school global studies teacher.  

Right now they are in Washington DC for Easter weekend.  And because we live outside Syraucse.  They are in the Verizon center watching Syracuse vs Marquette..

Momto8kidsyay
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:34 PM
I've been a MIL for 2 years. They have 3 month old twin baby girls and moved up here from FL so we could help them. He's a great guy. Second daughter gets married in May and they are very happy together.
Dontchawishuknu
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Mil 3 Times Over...Can't Stand The Oldest SIL. Glad He IS Out Of The Picture For The Next 7 To 10 Years. Love My Other SIL And My DIL. Good Spouses And Great Parents.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
poemcollector
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Not just yet ,Soon ,maybe this summer  !, do MIL things with almost DIL , yard sales ,baking apple pies ,talks ,she's smart / sweet ,  We have a great relationship , There house-hunting now, So will soon be having a empty nest  , except for dear old dad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)