Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Uh oh ...

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:49 PM
  • 14 Replies

So I decided to rearrange my living room.  I lugged my ancient 13-year-old, 32-inch, 5-gazillion pound TV across the living room - actually, I toppled it down from its shelf onto an ottoman that rolls, then stood there wondering how on earth did I get it up on that shelf to begin with?!  I ended up asking my upstairs neighbor to help me lift it up. 

But UH OH!  Since I moved everything and hooked everything back up, NOW I don't know where to put my bookshelf and ottoman!!!  LMAO.  Ugh. 

Here's the east wall, where my desk, TV and ottoman used to be.  (I should have taken "before" photos, darn it.)

Here's my north wall, where my couch used to be:

and here's my west wall; the love seat has just nudged down a bit but now the TV is where the bookshelf used to be!  lol

And I can't put the bookshelf on the south wall - there's a "window" between the LR and the kitchen!!

I think I will switch the sofa and the loveseat; hopefully that will give me enough room to put my bookshelf on the west wall.  I can't just leave my bookshelf in the middle of the room!  lol. 

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Okay, so I did that.  lol.  Tomorrow I will put the CPU on the left side of my desk, put the books on the shelf and put the coffee table back.  whew.  I'm tired now and will probably go to bed really soon!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 1:07 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:08 AM

You've been busy!  And we'll be calling you *SuperWoman* from now on <g>
So far not bad but yes that bookshelf needs to go *somewhere* <wink>

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 6:27 AM

Wow that's a lot of hard work.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 31, 2013 at 6:43 AM

Yes, it was and such a warm night to be doing all that as well! 

I've been up since before dawn and I really don't like this configuration.  lol.  I know where I have my desk it will be COLD in the winter - I have one of those AC/Heater units like you see in motels and the thing leaks COLD AIR when the heater isn't on.  But then again it warms up the room very quickly, too.  I'll give it a couple of days and then see what happens. 

Quoting Cindy18:

Wow that's a lot of hard work.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:40 AM

That is a lot of work - I used to love to rearrange furniture.   It looks good!  That is too much lifting for me now.  I do have to move all the furniture out of my den today.  My DD is going to help me get everything cleared out so they can put in hardwood flooring this week.  I am looking forward to getting rid of my carpet - but it is going to be a hard week with furniture crammed everywhere, sawdust, and stinky polyurethane.  Good luck in getting your furniture situated!!

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:44 AM

By the way - it looks like you have a knitted block blanket in your office chair.  I love those.  Brings back memories - my grandmother knitted. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:36 AM

My mom made that, but it's crocheted.  Since she retired nearly 20 years ago, she sits at home and crochets, or knits or makes crafty things.  She'll call me every now and then and have me take her to JoAnne's to get more yarn.

Quoting Maddie24:

By the way - it looks like you have a knitted block blanket in your office chair.  I love those.  Brings back memories - my grandmother knitted. 

Why123
by Nancy on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:07 AM

When I look at all of the effort you went to it reinforces why I never move furniture. 

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:23 AM

That is a lot of work, and I have moved a lot of furniture in my day.  You have to be really careful about hurting your back.  Hope you are happy with the results you settle on. 

LadyDiamond927
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 1:28 PM

See, that's exactly why I don't re-arrange my furniture...I'm too indecisive, and I just end up putting everything back the way it was....

Good luck...I hope you get all sorted out, so it will look great :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN