Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today....Thursday?

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:54 AM
  • 36 Replies

come tell us...

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:55 AM

Hello ladies....having some coffee and heading out to work in a little bit.  I also have to pet sit from today until Sunday.  I have a fairly short day today and that's fine with me.  I hope to make it to the gym too.  We'll see....lol

Hope you all have a great day!!!    :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:27 AM

Good morning, LouAnn and everyone.  I'm sitting here drinking coffee and doing my early morning work.  Once again, I didn't crawl out of bed until 5:30!  But I should be finished up well before 8 and then settle in to my other typing job.  I haven't managed to get back up to speed yet - I guess I'm enjoying this stress-free and quiet environment a little too much!  

I know a lot of people wish they could work from home, assuming it's "easy" and they'd have plenty of time to do lots of other things.  Well, even though I'm home, it's still a job.  I still have to focus on my work and must stay disciplined to get it done.  I'm not paid salary or even hourly - I'm paid 100% on production.  So if I slack off or don't concentrate, my paycheck is my bitch-boss.  LMAO.   It's just SO MUCH NICER that I'm not having to tip-toe on eggshells all day.  I only have myself to blame now for my woes. 

Hope everyone has a GREAT day! 

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:28 AM

I have to work 10-5:30. Then nothing really that I can think of.

kam013
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Busy morning today, having my cappuccino, then I need to vacuum and shampoo my rugs. Once done with that I am meeting my besties at Patriot Place for lunch at the CBS Scene, then some retail therapy. Once home I'm hoping I have the energy to get on the treadmill and burn off those lunch calories!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Ugh!  More house stuff .. 1 bathroom, dust, vacuum & 1 load of laundry :)

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Having my morning coffee as well.  I have a bit of a headache, but nothing major, my head just needed coffee too :)

I have a plumber coming out this morning to work on my kitchen sink and one of my bathrooms as my man is a computer man.  He is not a jack of all trades but I'm proud that he at least tries.  :)

It's a beautiful day today, so I want to get some things done.  Not going to be on here much today.

Have a wonderful day. :)

(normally, I'd be at group home today, but this is why I LOVE changing schedule's with Monday staff.,...cause I am DONE until next Thursday.  For the most part anyway ;)  )

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Homeschooling and making cardamom bread. They are serving refreshments at both play performances. I'll be working on the bio-poster of the children involved in the play. I need to get some groceries, too. Planning ahead for the next several days are going to be busy. 

atlmom2
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
I am getting my roots done, as I sit here now. Yay, no gray roots.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Vacation's over and I am back to work.  I really didn't want to come back to work but here I am anyway.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I hope you have a good day Ronna!!  I'm sure it has to be a huge relief to NOT have to be in that office!!!   :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Good morning, LouAnn and everyone.  I'm sitting here drinking coffee and doing my early morning work.  Once again, I didn't crawl out of bed until 5:30!  But I should be finished up well before 8 and then settle in to my other typing job.  I haven't managed to get back up to speed yet - I guess I'm enjoying this stress-free and quiet environment a little too much!  

I know a lot of people wish they could work from home, assuming it's "easy" and they'd have plenty of time to do lots of other things.  Well, even though I'm home, it's still a job.  I still have to focus on my work and must stay disciplined to get it done.  I'm not paid salary or even hourly - I'm paid 100% on production.  So if I slack off or don't concentrate, my paycheck is my bitch-boss.  LMAO.   It's just SO MUCH NICER that I'm not having to tip-toe on eggshells all day.  I only have myself to blame now for my woes. 

Hope everyone has a GREAT day! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)