Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A fact about facebook users....

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:48 PM
  • 24 Replies

Over 60% of people use Facebook to find out how ex-partners are doing.

typing

Have you done this?  Have you encouraged someone to do this?

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Huh.  Right now I really don't have any ex-partners, so I guess I'm in the 40% minority.  lol.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have an ex partner, so guess I too am in the 40% minority,  I confess that, even though I do have fb, I'm not much of an adict to it.  That is where my daughter in laws and my daughter post pictures of my grandkids, so I go on to see them and not much else.  I think I have less than 40 friends and they are all family or friends well known to me. 

Esmrlda
by Esme on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Oh yeah, he was keeping up on you through facebook. LOL

Quoting suzeebloch:

Huh.  Right now I really don't have any ex-partners, so I guess I'm in the 40% minority.  lol.

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Never!!  I've never contacted an ex through facebook.

but now that you mention it........hahaha...Just kidding.  LoL

I try to hold the rule of thumb, "If I don't want my husband doing it, I sure as heck am not going to do it."

massenberg
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

No dont use face book and if hes my x i dont care how hes doin !!

Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:05 PM

I don't have a facebook account and I doubt my ex would be smart enough to use a computer.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

well, he tried. I ignored his friend request and then made myself private.  lol.

Quoting Esmrlda:

Oh yeah, he was keeping up on you through facebook. LOL

Quoting suzeebloch:

kam013
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I am friends with my old high school Ex on FB, we dated for 4 years during school.  DH knows and can see anything I post (which is usually just a Happy Birthday on his birthday).

I didn't look him up to check on him though, I knew exactly where he was and what he was up to, I live NEXT DOOR to his Mom, LOL.  I am very friendly with 2 of his Sisters, so no big secrets to be revealed or anything like that.  We are just FB friends at this point.

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:35 PM

No, I never have. I only have a rough idea how FB works. I have an account, and I have checked out pictures of my grandchildren on my son's account.

Donya90
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:41 PM

I had a couple of guys that I dated long term that I did miss and wanted to know how they were.One of them I missed the boat and should have married. I have reconnected with both. Im happily married now for nearly 24 years. My husband also connected with a girl he was once in love with. She is my friend too as she is a super lady, I totally understood why he loved her.

We make emotional connections to some people and that never goes away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)