Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

A fact about facebook users....

Posted by   + Show Post

Over 60% of people use Facebook to find out how ex-partners are doing.

typing

Have you done this?  Have you encouraged someone to do this?

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Replies (21-24):
Marinefranksmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:46 PM

No, I couldn't care less about ex's.  I've been happily married for 28 years.  I did briefly reconnect with 2 old "boyfriends", one from 3rd grade, one from high school.  We just caught up about spouses, kids, jobs & mutual friends.  We didn't really stay in touch.  I got onto Facebook 3 years ago when my son got married, so I could get to know his in-laws & see everyone's wedding photos.  They live far from me so I stay in touch with them & see photos of my grandson.  I have also reconnected or stayed in touch with much of my out of state family & friends.  I've never encouraged anyone to do it either. 

KittyGram
by Becky on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I haven't done that.  In fact, about 3 years ago, my ex contacted me on FB.  Said he "had questions" about our daughter's childhood.  I sent a message back, told him that if he had questions, he should have stuck around and been involved in his daughter's life back then; and that I owed him nothing, so don't ask again; and to never contact me again.

I sent him the message, and then I blocked him.  I don't care what he's doing with his life, and he has no business knowing what I'm doing with mine.  That's a closed chapter.

I've never recommended to anyone else to check up on their ex that way either.  My opinion is, life deals enough sh-t at times, why ask for more?

nana9106
by Darlene on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Nope I cant stand my ex...I could care less about what he is doing
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LEK19
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Nope!  Not interested in either! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN