Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Finally!!!

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:40 PM
  • 20 Replies
I'm going to be a grandma. My oldest came to me and said he had some disturbing news for me and I would probably be upset. He then told me his girlfriend of 4 years was 7 weeks pregnant. No, they're not married, but these are the times we live in. We had just had a talk about a month before, when he had told me that they weren't using birth control, except rhythm. I told him then, so you're telling me I'm going to be a grandma before the year ends. He said, no, we've been doing this for over 2 1/2 years, we're good at this. Yes, I admit I did do an eyeroll at this statement. Anyway, they both have adequate jobs, hers with advancement potential, and they have a plan. So, it is in my opinion good news. I no longer have to say in the Are you a grandma yet? posts; No, I'm not. I can say YES!!!!
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww,  how wonderful that you are going to be a grandma!  Your comment to him when he told you they were using rhythm was right on.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Yay!  Congratulations!  This means yet "another" grandbaby for me, too!  lol.  I am still in the "don't have" group so I hope you don't mind sharing with me!

caro100
by Carol on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Not at all.  I have sharing with everyone else, so I sure don't mind.   Going to have to figure out how to upload photos better.

Quoting suzeebloch:

Yay!  Congratulations!  This means yet "another" grandbaby for me, too!  lol.  I am still in the "don't have" group so I hope you don't mind sharing with me!

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

aww... congrats grandma!!!  you will love being one :)

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Yayyy! Congratulations future Grandma!   Thats is fantastic news Carol.

homeskoolmama
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats. It may not be how we were raised or even how we thought we raised our kids but times a different. My oldest has a two year old and he is not married. After 4 years they have split. but he has the baby, so it's all good.

stepmominhell
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Times have changed, and it doesn't seem like you have to be married to raise babies any more.
Congratulations!!!
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:38 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww how wonderful!  Huge congrats to you :)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:32 AM
1 mom liked this

congrats! How old are the mommy and daddy to be?

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:58 AM
1 mom liked this

congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)