Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today.....Friday, Saturday and Sunday?

Posted by   + Show Post

come tell us....starting it early again ladies.....

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Replies (61-67):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Woo Hoo on the sleeping in!!  Me...ugh...got home and in bed late and then the oldest dog....Josie decided she wants to get up at 4 am.  I'm like lay your butt down!!!  lol  Come to find out she wasnt feeling well so I had to get up and give her some of her medicine.  I went back to sleep for about an hour and a half but feel like crap sleep wise.  lol  I think a nap might be in order.  lol  Hope you have a great day!!  Have fun at the museum!    :)

Quoting Cindy18:

Saturday- I actually slept in!!!! That is very unusual for me. I am doing laundry before I do anything else today. Not sure what else I'm going to do. I think I'm doing to the library and try to get a free pass for the museum we are going to tomorrow. 

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Sunday- I was up at 7ish. Which is sleeping in for me! Everyone (even Sam!!) is now up and ready to go to the musuem. I organized my Boy Scout stuff in my new ThirtyOne bag!! It de-stresses me to be organized!

So in about 20 minutes we will leave for the musuem and then go to lunch. Hopefully it will be a good family day!

~~CINDY

louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:28 AM

That sounds like a FUN day!!!!  The thirty one bags are so nice!!!  I hope everyone enjoys their day!!  Can't wait to hear about it.   :)

Quoting Cindy18:

Sunday- I was up at 7ish. Which is sleeping in for me! Everyone (even Sam!!) is now up and ready to go to the musuem. I organized my Boy Scout stuff in my new ThirtyOne bag!! It de-stresses me to be organized!

So in about 20 minutes we will leave for the musuem and then go to lunch. Hopefully it will be a good family day!

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:38 AM

We are in Palm Desert, so doing a lot of things,  Yesterday we went to the weekend fair at the College of the Desert.  So many great things to buy, there wasn't enough time to see everything.  I got a new suitcase, and a beautiful leather belt.  Iain bought some new golf shoes and golf balls, and socks.  There were booths with some beautiful jewellery, but I resisted.  We had dinner in our unit last night.  This morning I have been out for a walk, and will have some pool time.  This evening we are meeting friends from home for dinner at the house they have down here.  Very hot weather, and beautiful scenery.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:50 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Sunday ~

Awoke at 4:30 am to go to Marathon to watch/cheer youngest ds on
Home now, making potato salad, laundry & nap ;)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Sunday late afternoon - did some typing this morning, re-rearranged my living room (that's another post), then headed out to the grocery store.  As I got close to I-35 and 75th Street, I thought of my dear old friend, Margo.  She will be 87 this August and lives alone. Her 2 grown kids live in Ohio and Boston and very seldom come to visit.  So, I called Margo and picked her up (she doesn't live too far from that intersection).  I had her come with me to go to Walmart, the Latino Store, the Oriental Store and the grocery store.  We got to catch up with each other,  I got my shopping done, and she got to get out from behind her 4 walls.

While I was at Walmart,one of my former coworkers called and invited me to his kid's birthday party tonight!  So I picked up a bubble wand for $1.50 while I was at Walmart for an impromptu birthday present for his kid, who is either 5 or 6.  They are mexican and the coworker's Dad is grilling mexican food outside.  Actually I'll see at least 2 of my coworkers there since his sister works at the office, too.  Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to get the last-minute invite!  So I'll be heading out soon for that. 

What a lovely, nice weekend this has been and for the first time in a very long time, I'm not dreading going to the office tomorrow!  YAY!

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:23 PM

I have been giving myself a mental break...or trying to at least.  I was doing okay until I went hunting for a photo of my oldest daughter and came across a file from when I was in a foster home.  It was a HORRIBLE experience....and, like a dummy, I opened that stupid file and it opened my mind to all the trauma I experienced back then.

Needless to say, yesterday was mental breakdown day....I was putty for most of the day.  I haven't had one of these days since my youngest was graduating high school (2 years ago).  

But, I'm brushing off.... trying to get people arranged to assist me at the group home this coming Thursday so I can go to work.  Hoping to face one more week...and then possibly another.  Trying to hold on as long as I can.

I hope you've had a good birthday weekend and your family celebrated you for the wonderful woman you are :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)