Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

??QOTD?? 4/5/13

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:19 AM
  • 17 Replies

It's that time of year!!

Do you like to go to garage/yard sales? Will you have one at your house? 

Cindy

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:00 AM

I rarely go to them, I never have any extra money to do stuff like that.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:15 AM

I haven't gone as much as I'd like, but now that I'm back working at home .... !

I usually have a few items in mind that I'm looking for.  I always end up coming home with lots of stuff and sometimes not even the items I wanted in the first place. 

I've had a couple of garage sales in the past my in my opinion they were hard work and I didn't make as much money as I would have liked to.

kam013
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:34 AM

We've had a few over the years, but we usually just give away the stuff we don't need any longer.  They are so much work, just not worth it.  

I don't usually go to any, but will stop on occasion if I am driving by and see something that catches my eye.

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:34 AM

I love going to garage sales. I find very cool stuff. I got my first Keurig for $20 at a garage sale. 

I don't like having them really. They are a lot of work for not much money. 

My DS wants to have a garage sale this year. We have already started to gather stuff.

~~CINDY

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:40 AM
I like to go to garage sales, but I rarely do.
Last year I did as I bought a lot of things for my grand daughter. I bought exersaucers, a beautiful brand new looking rocking chair and ottoman (actually bought 2... One for my daughter as well)... I haven't gone since my grand baby was born. I may get out and about though as it will save me tons of money if I buy the little tikes stuff there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:32 AM
I don't go to them. We donate instead of having garage sale.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddie24
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I have had garage sales in the past and it was a lot of work.  I have donated over the past 10 years rather than having garage sales.  I have downsized as much as I intend too.  I do like going to junk stores/antique stores.  It is fun to see stuff we had when I was growing up.

nana9106
by Darlene on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:21 AM
I love to go garage sale-ing, it is so much fun. I would love to have one but it is very time consumingnto get it ready and I cant seem to find any extra time.
Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I love garage sales but very rarely go to them.  They usually start on a Thursday or Friday and since I work all week by the time I get to them all of the good stuff is gone.

allforedwards
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:42 AM
I love going to yard sales. My kids do too. Can't wait til they start. My kids need summer clothes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)