Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please pray for my mom! Update added new update 1:38pm

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:53 AM
  • 32 Replies

I got home from work tonight to find a message from one of my sisters on FB for me that my mom was taken to the ER at around 7:15 pm. Her WBC is high and she is most likely being admited. She has not called the house or sent me any more info.

"Aimee                                                                  7:19pm

Moms at ER. Looks like she will be admitted has a high WBC doing cat scan. Will keep you posted."

I am a little peeved that I was not called. I know there isn't anything I can do about it but I still would have liked to have known instead of getting waylaid by it when I logged into FB.

Update -8:25 am

New message from my sister In responce to my question from last night if she was still up -

"No I was sleeping. Mom was admitted with leukocytosis but they didn't know the source. Not sure what room the put her in cause I had to go and she was falling asleep."

She seriously couldn't bother to stay untill they took her to a room? She just left her in the ER waiting to go up? UGH!!!! Neither Mark or I go much sleep last night so I am going to let him sleep untill about 11 then make him get up and take me to the hospital.

1:38 pm - finaly got some answers...my mom's white count is high and it looks like she has the beginings of pnuemonia. She is on Iv antibiotics but is in good spirits. Not sure how long she will have to be there.

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Sending up prayers Lisa.  I'm sorry and I'd be ticked off!!  I'd want to know....immediately.  Hugs to you.  Keep us posted on what you find out.  

caro100
by Carol on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Praying.  Father God please be with Lisa and her family.  Be  with her Mom and the rest of the family.  Please guide the Dr.s that are working with her .  Your will be done.  Amen

nana9106
by Darlene on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:22 AM
Sending prayers Lisa. I would be super pissed too
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Maddie24
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I am so sorry.  Prayers for your mom.  I know it was hurtful to see the notice on facebook - they should have called you but many times the best decisions are not made in such stress.  Keep keep us posted on how she is doing.  Be strong! 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Trust me, it was not stress. That is just the way Aimee is.

Quoting Maddie24:

I am so sorry.  Prayers for your mom.  I know it was hurtful to see the notice on facebook - they should have called you but many times the best decisions are not made in such stress.  Keep keep us posted on how she is doing.  Be strong! 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:40 AM

thoughts and prayers for your mom, Lisa.  Keep us posted!  But boo hiss on that sister of yours.  I don't think a phone call would have been too much to ask!  And I certiainly don't think she needed to have even 'asked' considering the time you've been spending with your mom taking her to/from her appointments!  How old is your sister? 

kam013
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry.  You know she and your and the whole family is in my prayers always!!  Please keep us posted!!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Wow....you know how I feel about leaving them like that Lisa.  lol  I'm sure you remember me not leaving my mom all those times she was in the hospital.  I would never leave her in the ER like that.  ugh....Hugs again to you and to your mom.  Please let us know how she's doing and what's going on after you go up there.  Hugs again girl!!!  :)

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I was at work at the time but she still could have called and let Mark know so he could contact me. She is 36, so she is certainly old enough to "know better". And this is my so called "normal" sister, I would hate to see what would have happened if it was the other sister who took her to the ER. The last time we talked to her she was bitching about how often my mom mentioned my name to her and everything I was doing.

Quoting suzeebloch:

thoughts and prayers for your mom, Lisa.  Keep us posted!  But boo hiss on that sister of yours.  I don't think a phone call would have been too much to ask!  And I certiainly don't think she needed to have even 'asked' considering the time you've been spending with your mom taking her to/from her appointments!  How old is your sister? 

getting2old
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:08 AM

prayers for your mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)