Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Please pray for my mom! Update added new update 1:38pm

Posted by   + Show Post

I got home from work tonight to find a message from one of my sisters on FB for me that my mom was taken to the ER at around 7:15 pm. Her WBC is high and she is most likely being admited. She has not called the house or sent me any more info.

"Aimee                                                                  7:19pm

Moms at ER. Looks like she will be admitted has a high WBC doing cat scan. Will keep you posted."

I am a little peeved that I was not called. I know there isn't anything I can do about it but I still would have liked to have known instead of getting waylaid by it when I logged into FB.

Update -8:25 am

New message from my sister In responce to my question from last night if she was still up -

"No I was sleeping. Mom was admitted with leukocytosis but they didn't know the source. Not sure what room the put her in cause I had to go and she was falling asleep."

She seriously couldn't bother to stay untill they took her to a room? She just left her in the ER waiting to go up? UGH!!!! Neither Mark or I go much sleep last night so I am going to let him sleep untill about 11 then make him get up and take me to the hospital.

1:38 pm - finaly got some answers...my mom's white count is high and it looks like she has the beginings of pnuemonia. She is on Iv antibiotics but is in good spirits. Not sure how long she will have to be there.

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Replies (31-32):
mamamiajk
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:26 AM

Prayers and good thoughts coming your wayfeel better

smile357
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:46 AM

My thoughts are with you and your mother. Honestly it sounds like something my family would do. Sad but true.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)