Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

they wouldnt let me check into the hotel (in chicago)

Posted by   + Show Post

i changed wallets and forgot to put my drivers licence in it so i had no photo id.  the manager came over and  she would not check us in.  luckily my dd had her credit card and ivers licence!  what would  i have done???

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Replies (11-18):
Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Oh I see. They wanted to verify the credit card by comparing photo ID with signature on the card?

Quoting suzeebloch:

I don't know what I would do in that situation.  Cry?  lol.  I guess a photo ID would verify that you are you.  I'm glad your daughter had a credit card and her ID.  I guess one option would be to find an ATM and pay with cash?  I wonder if that would work?!  Glad everything worked out, and enjoy the rest of your time in Chicago! 

KittyGram
by Becky on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:30 PM

altmom2, where are you?   I live in a far west burb, not far from Schaumburg.

Quoting atlmom2:

We have had a few short showers this afternoon.

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting atlmom2:

Oh, wow! Glad for you dd. Have fun. Is it raining??

no, its not raining.  it got so warm we had to carry our coats. we walked around the zoo and down michigan ave.  we are back in our hotel, alexandra is doing school work and im resting ;)

atlmom2
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:31 PM
West of Milwaukee

Quoting KittyGram:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting atlmom2:

no, its not raining.  it got so warm we had to carry our coats. we walked around the zoo and down michigan ave.  we are back in our hotel, alexandra is doing school work and im resting ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KittyGram
by Becky on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Quoting suzeebloch:

I don't know what I would do in that situation.  Cry?  lol.  I guess a photo ID would verify that you are you.  I'm glad your daughter had a credit card and her ID.  I guess one option would be to find an ATM and pay with cash?  I wonder if that would work?!  Glad everything worked out, and enjoy the rest of your time in Chicago! 

Many places will only take credit cards, no cash.  In case of any damages that might happen during a stay.

KittyGram
by Becky on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Ah!  okay.  About 2 hours away.

Quoting atlmom2:

West of Milwaukee

Quoting KittyGram:

Quoting atlmom2:

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting atlmom2:

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Glad your dd was with you.  I don't remember being asked for photo id when checking into a hotel but I guess everyone is being super cautious these days.  Hope you enjoy your stay.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I am glad your DD was with you!.  Sounds like you are having a good time.  All's good!  I have always bee asked for my Driver's license when checking into a hotel..maybe I look like I will tear up something!  LOL 

nana9106
by Darlene on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:19 AM
Glad your dd wss there!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)