Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

This is hard for me.

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:50 PM
  • 31 Replies

Watching my last one prepare to fly the coop. When she is settled I am going to move to Louisiana to be with my father while he is still here on this earth. He turned 70 the other day and is alone.

I will be happy there but will miss my kids. Very much so and I don't think I will ever convince them to move from Florida. They love it here.

Its depressing. I can't help it!

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shivasgirl
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:51 PM
3 moms liked this

bring your dad to Florida, he will love it

MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Exciting, sad, but exciting!!!

We're waiting for this day and then we'd like to go to the Carolina's somewhere. Probably S. Carolina. Better climate but at least a bit of changing seasons-without the sub zero temps we get here sometimes! I'd be OK with Gerogia or even Florida too, but I think we've setted on SC. 

We THOUGHT we had about 4 years left, but now it seems we have 5 or 6. Provided we don't take in yet another stray! LOL!

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:13 PM

This sounds like the best idea!

Quoting shivasgirl:

bring your dad to Florida, he will love it

~~CINDY

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:20 PM

How loving of you to move to be with your father.

I am sorry you are having a sad time. It is a new part of your life. You'll still be able to see and talk with your children from time to time.

Mariagma3
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:26 PM

I'm sorry! Me and hub are in AR right now. Both of our boys (24 and 22) are in IL. Our youngest is getting married in July. Now, he tells us they want to move to MI, where the wedding will be. I hate AR, and he wants us to move to MI someday. Meanwhile, Ryan's at home in IL. He has a son there. Hate this So sad! Good luck to you! You're a good daughter!

Mariagma3
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Quoting Bmat:

How loving of you to move to be with your father.

I am sorry you are having a sad time. It is a new part of your life. You'll still be able to see and talk with your children from time to time.

She can, but it's not the same!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:58 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:33 PM

What a great daughter you are,
It will be hard I am sure ::sigh::
I hope you'll be able to visit with the kids on & off often too.
Hugs to you hon :)

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Okay, I'm confused.  Did I miss a post somewhere along the line.  I thought you were just starting a new job and now you are leaving to move to Louisianna.  I think it is great you want to take care of your dad but am concerned that you are having a sad time.  Is this the separation from your dh that you were considering.  I don't mean to pry but I am generally concerned about you and how you are doing.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:57 AM

I'm sorry Michell.  I hope things will work out so that ALL of you can be happy.   :)

Maddie24
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Several years ago I moved to be within 10 miles of my dad.  I was really glad we were that close.  It was fun to spend time together.  Do you think your dad would moved to FL? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)