Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Speaking of squating to pee!!

Posted by   + Show Post

IN Florida there are bike riders all over the place. I mean by the thousands. I was going down a busy but still kind of back road today and there was a woman off of her bike and several others waiting for her on their bikes and she was squating to pee in front of God and the whole world. Right in the ditch on the side of the road.There were woods behind her. She could have found a bush!

SMH, I was shocked, lol, though I did wish I had her body, lol.

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Replies (21-25):
Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:04 AM

When we lived in Korea back in the mid 70's the house we rented had a WC but you had to go into the regular bathroom to wash your hands.  The water was only on for a couple of hours a day and it filled a tank in the attic with water that was used to flush.  They had the water running all dat right before we left and it drove me nuts because I was sure that it was going to go off again.

Quoting suzeebloch:

My mom is from Japan and when I was a little girl, we went to visit my grandparents and aunts and uncles for the summer (in 1966 and 1972).  At that time, their bathroom had an "indoor outhouse."  lol.  It, too, was just a "hole in the floor" but did have a porcelain fixture.  Maybe that was the norm for oriental countries; I don't know.  But you squatted to do your business.  Every so often a big truck would come by and vacuum out the contents of the indoor outhouse.  Whoo whee that smelled !!!  In the early 1980s, my uncle (both grandparents now deceased and he inherited the house), had a new home built and put in a "Water Closet" - with a toilet that looks like what we are used to!  Thank goodness!  lol. One difference, and I always thought quite clever, is that the water in the tank is re-routed first into a little spigot on the top so that you could wash your hands as you flushed the toilet!  I mean, that's clean water being used to flush the contents. The last time I visited (2004), there were still some places that had those "indoor outhouses" but at least they flushed. 

Quoting Why123:

Europeans are nowhere near as uptight about their body and bodily functions as we are.  In Korea I had to pee really bad so we stopped at a roadside stop and I ran for the restroom.  It was one big room, coed, with lots of little holes in the floor.

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:51 AM

What was in the WC- just a toilet?  The water in the tank in the attic- was there separate water for washing and drinking?

Quoting Why123:

When we lived in Korea back in the mid 70's the house we rented had a WC but you had to go into the regular bathroom to wash your hands.  The water was only on for a couple of hours a day and it filled a tank in the attic with water that was used to flush.  They had the water running all dat right before we left and it drove me nuts because I was sure that it was going to go off again.

Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

The WC had nothing but a toilet in it.  The water in the attic tank was for everything.  We had a huge tub in the kitchen that had to be filled every morning to use for washing and other things.  You didn't drink the water.  We had bottled water for drinking.

Quoting Bmat:

What was in the WC- just a toilet?  The water in the tank in the attic- was there separate water for washing and drinking?

Quoting Why123:

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:16 PM

LOL must be bike week? I saw that lots of times whenliving in Florida.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Apr. 8, 2013 at 4:57 PM

We saw a guy on the side of the road by a very busy intersection like you are describing and he was stooped over by a truck and there were  people in the truck and all the doors were open and he was wiping his a$$. We were like WTH?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)