Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Re-rearranging - @ 1:45 DONE! see post #12 for pics. whew!

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:56 AM
  • 24 Replies

I don't like the way I rearranged my living room last weekend but didn't take or make the time to do anything about it all week.  But last night I decided I'm gonna put it back the way it was.  lol. Re-rearrange.

One main reason I rearranged it in the first place was because on nice spring days, I like to keep my door open but the way I had it arranged, EVERYONE who walks by can see me sitting at my desk - I'm on the ground floor so that's just about everyone in this 12-unit apartment building.

But, I'm going to move it back the way it was except I'm leaving the TV put.  It's too big to try to move again.  I think I am going to get some sort of a small room divider instead - I saw this idea and think it might work - I'm going to ask one of my friends, Kevin, to help me find this.  He paints houses for a living and surely he might be able to find me some used shutters!  I would put it between my desk and front door to give me a little privacy.  I might only need 2 shutters to do the trick.

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maddie24
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:02 AM

I know you mentioned that you were thinking of plan B -I was wondering how it was going.   The room divider is a great idea!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

You know, after I posted this I have decided to put my bookshelf there for now with the books facing me, to create the room divider/privacy.  On the other side of the bookshelf, I can put my ottoman and perhaps put my tall skinny lamp right there.  I can always add the room divider too as looking at the back of a bookshelf isn't all that pretty or interesting! 

Quoting Maddie24:

I know you mentioned that you were thinking of plan B -I was wondering how it was going.   The room divider is a great idea!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I think it's a great idea!!  One of my customers has one in his townhouse.  His isn't white though.  It's painted with some kind ofi pcture on it.  It does the trick!!  Hope you can find one.   :)

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I just knew you didn't like it when you moved it.

I love the room divider idea!

~~CINDY

nana9106
by Darlene on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:24 AM
I love those divider. Maybe you could find one at home depot?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:55 AM

LOL .. really you are going to put it back the way it was?  All by yourself again ?

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Yes!  All by myself.  The sofa and loveseat are really light weight.  Well, except the sofa has a piece of plywood under the cushions because otherwise people who sit there would sink into the sofa never to be seen again and I don't need to be losing people.   "Hey, Lance - there you are!  I wondered why I hadn't heard from you lately!!!!"

I'll leave the TV where it is.

The bookshelf I haven't put my books back on yet because I didn't like where I ended up putting it and knew I'd be moving it again.  So my kitchen nook right now is overwhelmed by stacks and stacks of books.

The trickiest part is going to be unplugging all the cables and cords from my computer and then hooking them back up again, but the computer desk rolls so that really won't be that big a deal - just time consuming! 

Basically, I'm going back to the same setup as I had before - just the TV and bookshelf are swapping places.  And once I get a privacy divider of some sort, that should wrap things up.  For now, I'm thinking of placing the bookshelf where the proposed divider is going to be, instead of flat against the wall.  I don't know.  I'll move it and try it out BEFORE I go putting all those books back.  I have a LOT of books! 

Quoting hugss:

LOL .. really you are going to put it back the way it was?  All by yourself again ?

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:08 PM

You must be superwoman, LOL
am so imporessed!
Too funny on that sink hole <g>
Am exhausted listening/reading all you're going to do.
You going to share how it all went after right?
Looks like you have your day planned <wink>
Maybe time to unload some of those bnooks too ..
Have fun & good luck :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Yes!  All by myself.  The sofa and loveseat are really light weight.  Well, except the sofa has a piece of plywood under the cushions because otherwise people who sit there would sink into the sofa never to be seen again and I don't need to be losing people.   "Hey, Lance - there you are!  I wondered why I hadn't heard from you lately!!!!"

The bookshelf I haven't put my books back on yet because I didn't like where I ended up putting it and knew I'd be moving it again.  So my kitchen nook right now is overwhelmed by stacks and stacks of books.

The trickiest part is going to be unplugging all the cables and cords from my computer and then hooking them back up again, but the computer desk rolls so that really won't be that big a deal - just time consuming! 

Basically, I'm going back to the same setup as I had before - just the TV and bookshelf are swapping places.  And once I get a privacy divider of some sort, that should wrap things up.  For now, I'm thinking of placing the bookshelf where the proposed divider is going to be, instead of flat against the wall.  I don't know.  I'll move it and try it out BEFORE I go putting all those books back.  I have a LOT of books! 

Quoting hugss:

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Lol.  At least I have a plan.  And I will feel more comfortable once I'm done.  I'll share pictures.

Quoting hugss:

am so imporessed!
Too funny on that sink hole
Looks like you have your day planned

Quoting suzeebloch:

Quoting hugss:

hugss

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Sounds good,
Gosh maybe you'll help me with mine soon <wink>
Can't wait for pics ;)

Quoting suzeebloch:

Lol.  At least I have a plan.  And I will feel more comfortable once I'm done.  I'll share pictures.

Quoting hugss:

am so imporessed!
Too funny on that sink hole
Looks like you have your day planned

Quoting suzeebloch:

Quoting hugss:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)