Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

allergies....

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:30 AM
  • 17 Replies

Do any of you suffer with this?  OMGosh....I have it bad.  Haven't felt great the last couple of days because of it. I've used the nettie pot about 10 times.  lol  It helps but not for long.  sigh...Tired of sneezing....tired of can't breathe out of one side of my nose...tired of it!!!   LOL  Ok...thanks for letting me whine.  I hope that whatever is in the air and making me crazy is GONE soon  lol   :)

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nana9106
by Darlene on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I dont usually, but it seems like the older I get the more I suffer. Maybe I am more sensitive to allergens now that im older
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:39 AM

The older I get the worse they get!!  LOL  I didn't use to have these problems as often as I seem to now.  lol  I hope you don't get a problem with them Darlene!  :)

Quoting nana9106:

I dont usually, but it seems like the older I get the more I suffer. Maybe I am more sensitive to allergens now that im older

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Oh sheez.  It's that time of year, isn't it?  Until about 20 years ago, I was never bothered with allergies but as I've gotten older it seem I can correlate some symptoms to the increased pollens and molds in the air.  My symtoms, though, are a bit odd.  I don't get the sneezing or congestion; my symptoms seem to be a foggy/fuzzy brain feeling, an inability to concentrate, a feeling of wanting to take a nap.  In the past, if I took a couple of sudafed (generic) first thing in the morning, that would prevent the foggy/fuzzy feeling.  I hesitate taking sudafed now, though, due to the fact it can cause rapid heartbeat and I seem to have a predisposition to what is called PSVT (Paroxysmal SupraVentricular Tachycardia) - my heart will all of a sudden start beating greater than 200 beats per minute!  So far I haven't noticed the foggy/fuzzy symptoms yet this year.  I guess I've been too pre-occupied about other things to pay much attention.

Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:04 AM

This time of year my nose is always interferring with the love life of some trees.  I try blowing my nose but somehow still always end up snuffling.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Yes, it is that time of year and I hope you don't have any symptoms at all!!  lol  I feel really tired and just want to lay down with it too.  Ugh....no energy at all and that's not a good thing!!  lol

Quoting suzeebloch:

Oh sheez.  It's that time of year, isn't it?  Until about 20 years ago, I was never bothered with allergies but as I've gotten older it seem I can correlate some symptoms to the increased pollens and molds in the air.  My symtoms, though, are a bit odd.  I don't get the sneezing or congestion; my symptoms seem to be a foggy/fuzzy brain feeling, an inability to concentrate, a feeling of wanting to take a nap.  In the past, if I took a couple of sudafed (generic) first thing in the morning, that would prevent the foggy/fuzzy feeling.  I hesitate taking sudafed now, though, due to the fact it can cause rapid heartbeat and I seem to have a predisposition to what is called PSVT (Paroxysmal SupraVentricular Tachycardia) - my heart will all of a sudden start beating greater than 200 beats per minute!  So far I haven't noticed the foggy/fuzzy symptoms yet this year.  I guess I've been too pre-occupied about other things to pay much attention.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:12 AM

LOL  I'm right there with you.  One side of my nose is stopped up and the other side is the opposite.  How weird is that????  lol  When the boys were growing up my middle step son would cry if he had a cold or anything that made his nose get stopped up.  He'd say mama I can't breathe out of this nose and point to one side.  It always cracked me up!!!  I still pick on him about that.  lol   :)

Quoting Why123:

This time of year my nose is always interferring with the love life of some trees.  I try blowing my nose but somehow still always end up snuffling.

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I am sorry that you are feeling so poorly. I actually had enough of my face aching because of sinuses and went to the doctor on Thursday. He said allergy. I am taking Claritin in the morning, another allergy med in the evening, and mucinex, and it does seem to help. I also use my netipot.

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Stay well.  

Quoting suzeebloch:

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I don't ususally but youngest ds does ;(

Hope yours lighten up for you soon :)

louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:46 PM

It can be very painful!  Hope you feel better too   :)

Quoting Bmat:

I am sorry that you are feeling so poorly. I actually had enough of my face aching because of sinuses and went to the doctor on Thursday. He said allergy. I am taking Claritin in the morning, another allergy med in the evening, and mucinex, and it does seem to help. I also use my netipot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)