Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Still no real answers

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:01 PM
  • 17 Replies

I wish there was a differnet hospital, this on really sucks. They still haven't givin us a definite answer on what s going on with my mom other than her WBC being extremely high. The doctor came in and asked about her fever, she hasn't even had a damn fever! She has had some back pain and that is about it other than being very tired and mild nausia. They have her hooked up to a heart monitor and have not explained why, the nurses rarely come in. I am actively encouraging my mother to switch doctors, this guy is a freaken quack.

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maddie24
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Go with your instincts on this.  I was very disappointed with the lack of coordination between the doctors.  It is hard to know who is right.  We had a wonderful hospital - but I blame them for sending us home when he should have been re-admitted for care.   - Even good hospitals suck.  I am thinking of you all. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:48 PM

The "problem" is that the doctor only visits maybe once a day, and then has to visit all of his patients who are inpatients.  I know it was irritating when Johnny was in the hospital - the doctor would breeze in, ask silly questions that didn't even seem relevant - like he got Johnny's symptoms mixed up with someone else, which is understandable but highy irritating, and then disappear until the next day.  In Johnny's case, though, there were plenty of nurses and aides but plenty of time in between those visits. I do agree sometimes the healthcare providers wouldn't take the time to explain what or why they were doing, and I probably was irritating to them asking plenty of questions until I was satisifed. 

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I hope they have checked her for urinary infection- that can really set an older person back.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I believe they took a urine sample in the ER...not sure though. She is only 66 so if it is a UTI, hopefuly it does nto cause too much more trouble.

Quoting Bmat:

I hope they have checked her for urinary infection- that can really set an older person back.

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Yes, go with your gut. Your mom has only you to speak for her, your her advocate. (my daughters a nurse,) Use your instincts, better be safe and change DR's and find it's simple thing, than find later well. We won't go there.

gonecrazi
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I think I would probably have to let my inner b*tch out, and make someone give me answers. If they don't I'd be packing her up to move somewhere we could get answers.

gmadiane
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I am assuming they have checked the urine, sounds like it could be uti to me

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 4:55 PM

That sounds terrible. I'm so sorry. *HUGS*

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Hope they find something soon so they can take care of it. I would be asking tons of questions until I got the answers! Went through that with my Grandma. She wasn't getting her questions answered in a way that she understood until I started going with her and asking the questions.

You do what you need to do!!! 

MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

this was my first thought when you said back pain and nausea!!

Quoting Bmat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)