Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

And the answer is........

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:51 AM
  • 11 Replies

There is no infection anywhere! Apparently the hospital has been screwing up my mom's weekly labs. 

She gets chemmo every 28 days - on mondays, she gets a 2 hour chemo, on tuesdays she gets a 6 hour chemo, and on Wednesdays she goes in to get a shot that boosts her white cell count. The chemo, for some reason has not been dropping her white cell count (yet), and her oncologist did not know it due to the lab screw ups. Getting the "booster" shots after having chemo is what sent her white count soaring.  For now they are going to stop the booster shots after chemo untill her counts start to drop.

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nana9106
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:12 AM

That sounds like good news

louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Well, that's good I guess but now that she's had a hospital stay that she may not have needed....are they going to foot the bill?  They should if it resulted in her being there when she wouldn't have had to be.  Anyway...I'm glad its NO infection!!  Woo Hoo!!  lol  Keep us posted.   :)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group ;)
Yesterday at 11:31 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM

That does sound like good news :)

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:28 AM

You're such a good daughter to over see all of this and ensure your mom is getting the best care.  I know how tiring that must be to just follow behind and make sure they are doing right by your mom.  Hugs to you.

I'm glad your mom is getting good care!

funkycat
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:59 PM

The support, It's working! Great news that she is not burdened by an infection! 

Esmrlda
by Esme on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:00 PM

So glad to hear that there is no infection but what a whallop on their part. How can you screw up labs?

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:10 PM

They're idiots, understaffiing, improper training? who knows.

Quoting Esmrlda:

So glad to hear that there is no infection but what a whallop on their part. How can you screw up labs?

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

jabs54
by Jeanine on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I'm glad there is no infection but sheesh!

LEK19
by Group Admin on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:03 PM

That is good that they figured it out! I guess everyone is human, too bad your Mom got the receiving end. Lab mistakes happen more often than people realize.

gmadiane
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:13 PM

good news

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)