Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FAST diet

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:55 AM
  • 21 Replies

I am NOT one to try fad diets but this one sucked me in.

I bought the book on Amazon and started looking at it yesterday. You "fast" 2 non-consecutive days a week. Only eating 500 calories. Then the rest of the week you don't count calories.

So, today I'm fasting, 1 pack of oatmeal with 2/3 C of milk and 2 cups of coffee for breakfast, 2 small Cutie tangerines, and 1 baked chicken breast for dinner.

What FAD diets have you tried and how did it work for you?

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:50 AM
No, none work except lifestyle changes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't do fad diets.  I did increase my caffiene intake once.  It made me so jittery that I exercised a lot more.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:28 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:33 AM

That sounds interesting ... please keep us updated
I did the water one long ago & am sure several others :)

LeJane
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Oh yes,  through the years I have tried so many things.    I always end up doing it for awhile and then I go off of them.     They only work for awhile, most decrease metabolism and then you gain what is lost and more after you go off of them.   

The only thing now I stick to is having cinnamon and honey 1st thing in the am.    Hot water w/ 1 tsp cinnamon - cool down and add 2 tsp honey, drink 1st thing  on empty stomach.       I have reduced carb intake and increased raw foods.     Pinterest has awesome health and nutrition information.  

Diets s*&%....   I  just try to enjoy creating very healthy things on my own.    Sometimes I have salad by candlelight and put more emphasis on the scene instead of the food.     Here is a picture I sent to a freind.   :-)    

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I don't do diets, never have, never will. 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I've tried numerous diets but the only thing that has worked in causing weight loss is to change my entire Way Of Eating (WOE) rather than stick to a diet.  Low-Carb High-Fat helped me lose 20 of the 30 pounds I want to lose.  I  believe stress caused me to add 15 pounds back.  GRRRR.  Now that I'm back home and have hopefully ditched the stress by quitting the job at the law firm, I hope to get back on the wagon and lose those 15 pounds and then some.  I stay away from grains (bread, pasta, cookies, cakes) and legumes (beans, peas, etc.)  I do include dairy in my WOE by consuming my own homemade yogurt and kefir, and I eat a lot of cheese, too.  Not too many veggies or fruits, but primarily meat and dairy. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I've done so many diets!!  lol  The Atkins diet works but it caused kidney issues for me so I won't do that one again.  Be sure to let us know how it goes.  I hadn't heard too much about this one.  :)

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I did the Dr. Atkins diet years ago and lost 30lbs in 3 months.  But, once I ate a baked potato, it was ALL over.  lol 

jabs54
by Jeanine on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

This isn't a "diet", it's a lifestyle change as you put it.

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Fasting 2 days a week isn't any way to live for years though.

Quoting jabs54:

Quoting atlmom2:

This isn't a "diet", it's a lifestyle change as you put it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)