Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My BIL Is Dying. Our SIL said Some Cruel Things, IMO~!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:25 PM
  • 19 Replies

Hi ladies!

My sister, Tine's husband is quickly dying from pancreatic cancer that has now spread to his liver. They live in IL, we are in AR. Our one sister lives in San Diego, near our Mom, and my daughter. My other 2 brothers live in the same town as our sister, Tine. Dad lives in the next town over.  Apparently, Pam, the one I'm pissed at wrote Ron (the one whos dying) some kind of letter, saying some nice things. Then, went on to say something about our "crazy Walker family." Stupid bitch, how dare she!! Part of why she is mad is because my Mom told her son she would make it for his birthday. But, that's between Pam, my brother and my Mom. 

She doesn't need to write some crappy letter to a dying man, and whatever else she was trying to achieve.  My sister Tine, wants nothing to do with Skoo, our brother, or Pam. Dear God, now I know why. IDK who in the hell she thinks she is!! She married into our so-called crazy family. Plus, my brother is not much better!! I'm so disgusted with her and Skoo right now! Oooh, they make want to hurl!

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DesignGirl450
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:55 PM
2 moms liked this

So sorry about your brother in law.  Take a deep breath and concentrate on the good parts of who you are. 

Mariagma3
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Quoting DesignGirl450:

So sorry about your brother in law.  Take a deep breath and concentrate on the good parts of who you are. 

Thank you! I just think it takes alot of nerve to say that to a dying man!

bjkimm
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't understand families these days. My husband's brother passed from pancreatic cancer in Aug. 3 weeks after he was diagnosed, without resolving his issues with him. It wasn't originally their dispute. Their cousin's wife had a dispute with their son and it escalated to the rest of the family. We were told by their sister not to contact his wife. They didn't have a funeral because he gave his body to science. Our kids were also dragged into this and our dd didn't tell us, because she was respecting her aunt's wishes, not ours. I don't understand how they could be so insensitive to us. We lost his brother twice. They are all being unreasonable and uncaring. I wanted to let bygones be bygones and start over. Nobody else wants to do that. I think we all had some part in these problems, even the ones in the middle who did nothing.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

No not very considerate at all. He dosent need to hear all that crap.

Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

She should let the poor man die in peace.  That wasn't very nice of her.

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sorry this hurt you, and I believe I too would feel as you do.  I'm sorry that your bil is dying.  Blessings to you and your family.

Mariagma3
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Quoting Why123:

She should let the poor man die in peace.  That wasn't very nice of her.

RIGHT! Keeping in mind, my sister is one of those "crazy Walkers." Who Ron loves very much, and needs!

louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry!  Hugs to you.  You know, it goes to show how inconsiderate people are when there are sad and trying times like these and that's what they do. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:42 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww so sorry to hear about your bil ;(
Just try to focus on all the good in your family & around you.
Loving thoughts & prayers to all hon :)

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:42 PM

There must be more to the letter than I am seeing. Calling a family the crazy Walker family could just be poking fun or commenting on their fun sense of humor. Although since Mariagma finds it offensive, then the rest of the family would also, and it is inappropriate to send this to a very sick person.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)