Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you doing today....Wednesday?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:43 AM
  • 39 Replies

come tell us....

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Good morning....I'm finally on the way up!!  lol  I feel much better.  Not gone yet but a huge improvement.

I've got an easy day today and then I might come home and cook hamburgers on the grill later on.  It's supposed to rain at some point tomorrow evening.  Thunderstorms too.  Ugh...

Have a great day ladies!    :)

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:58 AM

I am on target this morning to start my full-time work at 6 a.m.  Hopefully I'll get close to my quota by 2ish or 3ish.  I start fading fast around that time.  If I can get my early-morning doctors typed up in the late afternoon/early evening, then I should be able to get started with the full-time typing at 6 a.m.

I don't know if you saw it, but yesterday one of the Board Members called me to ask if I was okay and if there was anything I needed.  In case she was sent as a spy, I made sure not to say anything specific about anyone in particular at the law firm.   She told me she enjoyed working with me and that I was always easy to get along with, and professional.  She said she understands about toxic environments and said one's personal happiness is much more important than a job.  So that made me feel good.  And the owner of my "new' job called to welcome me back, too. 

Hope everyone has a great day!

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:08 AM

Because of working late two days this week, I am only going in to see one client, right to the client and home. YAY!!

Then I have to pick up DS and go to social group. My friend is coming with me to hang out but now I'm kinda regretting asking her because she is trying to back out of going to Boy Scout summer camp with us so I'm quite pissy about that. I'll have to suck it up and play nice.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:08 AM

Wow...that's kinda cool for one of the board members to call you.  Do you think she was ased to?  I would hope not but you never know!  I'm sure the boss at your "new" job is glad to have you back!!  lol

Hope you have a good day!!!    :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

I am on target this morning to start my full-time work at 6 a.m.  Hopefully I'll get close to my quota by 2ish or 3ish.  I start fading fast around that time.  If I can get my early-morning doctors typed up in the late afternoon/early evening, then I should be able to get started with the full-time typing at 6 a.m.

I don't know if you saw it, but yesterday one of the Board Members called me to ask if I was okay and if there was anything I needed.  In case she was sent as a spy, I made sure not to say anything specific about anyone in particular at the law firm.   She told me she enjoyed working with me and that I was always easy to get along with, and professional.  She said she understands about toxic environments and said one's personal happiness is much more important than a job.  So that made me feel good.  And the owner of my "new' job called to welcome me back, too. 

louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Glad you'll have a short day!  I will to and I'm happy about that.  Maybe hanging out with her will convince her to go do the camp with you!!  Let us know.  Hope you have a good day    :)

Quoting Cindy18:

Because of working late two days this week, I am only going in to see one client, right to the client and home. YAY!!

Then I have to pick up DS and go to social group. My friend is coming with me to hang out but now I'm kinda regretting asking her because she is trying to back out of going to Boy Scout summer camp with us so I'm quite pissy about that. I'll have to suck it up and play nice.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think she was asked to call me.  I know the WB had issues with this board member and threatened to take her off the board ... she was almost always slow to reply to emails I sent her and sometimes wouldn't answer her phone or texts. She volunteered for projects and then would be a no-show.  She even thanked me for putting up with all that.  She and her husband have a law firm themselves and their speciality is labor law.  So yeah, I guess she would know about toxic work environments.  lol.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Wow...that's kinda cool for one of the board members to call you.  Do you think she was ased to?  I would hope not but you never know!  I'm sure the boss at your "new" job is glad to have you back!!  lol

Hope you have a good day!!!    :)

Quoting suzeebloch:

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Cleaning the house. It is so awful out. Rain, rain and more rain. Maybe sleet tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:14 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:48 AM

More house work that didn't get done yesterday, LOL
If weather permits walking but not looking good :(

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Good morning!  I am so glad you are feeling better!!!!  Enjoy those hamburgers and your lighter work day.  Those days are kind of nice. :)

My morning started with a downpour of it's own.  The heavy emotions have hit.

Thankfully, I have my grand daughter all day today to keep me distracted.  I'll be going in to the Dr.'s office as well because I'm getting my hair colored and cut this morning and will need a shot because I am highly allergic to color.  But I'm loving my darker hair color right now and it has to be applied on my scalp.  :/  However, I'm ready for a little makeover and Nora will have to come along and watch her Nonni get her hair done...lol  ...which will be interesting to see on it's own.

Then, my husband asked me to meet him for dinner after a conference he is attending all day.  So we'll be going to a japaneese steak house.

Have a wonderful Wednesday Louann!

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:23 AM

How nice that a board member called you.  What an encouraging way to feel a bit of support after giving waaay past the limit at a toxic office.  I'm so glad to hear you are working from home and are welcomed by the owner!! 

I received a call last night from one of the house staff members who had just read on the docs (it's where we took notes for each girl and communicated to other staff), that I was no longer working at the group home.  She wanted to enquire as to why, and when I cautiously explained what happened she was shocked and disappointed with them for firing me.  She also said she had applied at other places where she would make more money as the job at the group home is just way too stressful.  She thanked me for coming in to help all the house staff as I had and reminded me of how much the girls respected me.  All those words were comforting to me.

Have a wonderful day Ronna!!!  I have to go adjust the thermostat AGAIN, as I've had the AC all week, and now it's brutally cold outside....brrrrr...hahaha

Quoting suzeebloch:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)