Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What are you reading?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:09 PM
  • 56 Replies

reading

Im reading With or without you by Domenica Ruta A memoir

Domenica Ruta grew up in a working-class, unforgiving town north of Boston, in a trash-filled house on a dead-end road surrounded by a river and a salt marsh. Her mother, Kathi, a notorious local figure, was a drug addict and sometimes dealer whose life swung between welfare and riches, and whose highbrow taste was at odds with her hardscrabble life. And yet she managed, despite the chaos she created, to instill in her daughter a love of stories. Kathi frequently kept Domenica home from school to watch such classics as the Godfather movies and everything by Martin Scorsese and Woody Allen, telling her, “This is more important. I promise. You’ll thank me later.” And despite the fact that there was not a book to be found in her household, Domenica developed a love of reading, which helped her believe that she could transcend this life of undying grudges, self-inflicted misfortune, and the crooked moral code that Kathi and her cohorts lived by.

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I'm in between books right now so i'm re-re-re-re-re-re-(etc)-re-reading the Little House series.  I'm almost finished with Little House on the Prairie and look forward to On the Banks of Plum Creek.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:48 PM

The soulkeeper series on my kindle app.

KittyGram
by Becky on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I'm still reading Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series.  I'm on "Finger-Lickin' Fifteen". 

What, oh what am I going to read when I'm finished with all 19 of them?!?!?!?!

Esmrlda
by Esme on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Really?  I didnt take you for a little house in the Prairie type of reader.  You strike me more of a mystery reader.

Quoting suzeebloch:

I'm in between books right now so i'm re-re-re-re-re-re-(etc)-re-reading the Little House series.  I'm almost finished with Little House on the Prairie and look forward to On the Banks of Plum Creek.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:44 PM

That sounds like a thriller.

Quoting LadySaphira:

Esmrlda
by Esme on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:45 PM

embarrassed

Quoting KittyGram:

I'm still reading Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series.  I'm on "Finger-Lickin' Fifteen". 

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I reserved #19 back in January from my public library.  I just went online to check my status - and YAY!  I'm #1 of 28 for the large print version and #1 of 101 for the regular print version!  Hip Hip Hooray!  I should be getting an email notification pretty soon! 

Quoting KittyGram:

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I have 2 complete sets - one from my childhood and once with one of those Scholastic Book club things. lol. I also have On the Banks of Plum Creek in Portuguese and Little House in the Big Woods in Japanese. I have the complete series about Rose Wilder Lane's childhood, and a couple of spin-offs about Ma and Pa when they were kids.  I also have several biographies on LIW I've purchased, an assortment of some of her other writings as well, and a couple of books written by her daughter, Rose Wilder Lane.  lol.  I guess you could call me a fanatic.

Quoting Esmrlda:

Really?  I didnt take you for a little house in the Prairie type of reader.  You strike me more of a mystery reader.

Quoting suzeebloch:

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:20 PM

fight between good and evil, paranormal,thriller..great series!

Quoting Esmrlda:

That sounds like a thriller.

Quoting LadySaphira:

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I loved the littl house books while growing up but have not read them in about 30 years, may have to look into getting them in e-book format when I get the money.

Quoting suzeebloch:

I have 2 complete sets - one from my childhood and once with one of those Scholastic Book club things. lol. I also have On the Banks of Plum Creek in Portuguese and Little House in the Big Woods in Japanese. I have the complete series about Rose Wilder Lane's childhood, and a couple of spin-offs about Ma and Pa when they were kids.  I also have several biographies on LIW I've purchased, an assortment of some of her other writings as well, and a couple of books written by her daughter, Rose Wilder Lane.  lol.  I guess you could call me a fanatic.

Quoting Esmrlda:

Quoting suzeebloch:

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)