Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Are you doing anything fun with your tax refund?

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:22 PM
  • 67 Replies
1 mom liked this

This is the first year I have ever gotten anything substantial back. So happy and Im ready to do some stuff around the house with it. Like fence the yard!  But dh thinks we need to save it and use it for the taxes.  I guess that is the sensible thing to do.  Will have to save up for the fence at a later date.

credit card

How about you?  Will you be doing anything fun with your refund?  Travel, Remodel, Pay off debt, New car?

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:30 PM
2 moms liked this

we used ours to pay off the last of my student loan, get the van repaired, and catch up on a couple of bills. We sent some money to Mark's sister because she needed it more than we did (she would have been homeless without it) and have some money saved so that I can finally meet my BFF in person this summer.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
We always pay in
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I got a pretty nice refund from Uncle Sam, but have to turn around and send most of it to Kansas and Missouri.  Happens every year.  I did offer to help Johnny with his income taxes this year if he needed it but he hasn't said anything and now I'm going to use that little "surplus" to help me survive until I get my typing back up to speed and a steady income from it. 

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:50 PM
We owe $10,000. Always this way. Sometimes double, sometimes a little less.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
drumomma
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I used mine to get my car fixed, and to move to a nicer place. Still waiting on my state ones to come, I just filed them last week. I will probably use that to get my youngest something nice for his birthday the end of the month.

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:19 PM

unfortunately...the last of our children whom we claimed as a dependant, filed independant for a higher refund for herself.  Mine are getting done on Monday and I have no idea what that will look like this year.  But, whatever we do get back will go towards our camping fund so we can travel and get the heck out of dodge.

Which is all I want to do now...just go camping.  :)

Esmrlda
by Esme on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Sweet! I hope you will be able to make that trip.  How far does she live from you?   You guys are so compassionate to help Sil.

Quoting LadySaphira:

we used ours to pay off the last of my student loan, get the van repaired, and catch up on a couple of bills. We sent some money to Mark's sister because she needed it more than we did (she would have been homeless without it) and have some money saved so that I can finally meet my BFF in person this summer.

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:03 PM

With being able to take the grandkids we get pretty good amount back. This year we're free of bills so will use it to do some work that needs be done around the house,work on the vehicles and take our vacation to Galveston.

And with Larry not working right now,its nice to know we have that buffer in our bank account.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:18 PM

She lives about 8 hours awy but we are planning to meet halfway for a weekend at a water park in Ohio.

Quoting Esmrlda:

Sweet! I hope you will be able to make that trip.  How far does she live from you?   You guys are so compassionate to help Sil.

Quoting LadySaphira:

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

nana9106
by Darlene on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:43 PM
We have to pay now...no dependants and both if us work
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)