Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Kitchen Talk for April 23rd

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:06 AM
  • 9 Replies

It's Macaroni Day!!

What is your favorite way to use Macaroni?

Share a recipe......

~~CINDY

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:31 AM

I love making pasta salad and I also make a goulash sometimes with it.  Mac and cheese is always good too

Cindy18
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 6:46 AM

I love using macaroni for spaghetti. My step mom called it goulash. I love pasta so I can't think of a way I DON'T like macaroni.

~~CINDY

atlmom2
by Susie on Apr. 23, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Mac and cheese or chili mac.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:01 AM

mac salad , love it :)

Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Maybe in a macaroni salad but I am not a big fan of mac and cheese.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:29 AM

ooh I love macaroni and cheese and macaroni salad!  I try very hard to stay low-carb so macaroni as well as any pasta is pretty much out of the picture for me.  But if I'm at a buffet and decide to heck with my carb counts, I'll splurge and have both!  lol

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I love any kind of pasta. But mac and cheese is my favorite since childhood. I use  my Moms recipe using the Velvetta cheese,milk,butter and a little flour and sometimes I add sour cream and or creme cheese. I melt about 3T. of butter in a sauce pan,then add the 1/4 c. of flour to make up the roux and slowly pour in my milk;stirring the whole time over low/med. heat until it starts bubbling a little. Then I add my cheese cubes and other stuff(sour cream,creme cheese and or shredded cheddar cheese)salt and pepper,stir until the cheese is almost all the way melted and smooth. Mix in the cooked macaroni. Pour into a prepared baking dish and top with shredded cheese. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned around the edges.

And I love home made mamcaronis salad: Cook the amount of macaroni you need until semin soft. Drain and let cool.  Add chopped greeen peppers,fresh ripe tomatoes chopped,dill pickles chopped,minced med. onion,mayonaise,salt and pepper. And I add just a bit of cajun seasoning or Old Bay seafood seasoning. And this is really good to add ham or small cooked shrimp or tuna or crab to. Just put it in your fridge and chill until ready to eat.

homeskoolmama
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I love a good ol' mac n' cheese, pasta salad and easy cheesy mac.

KittyGram
by Becky on Apr. 23, 2013 at 5:07 PM

I think the only way I use regular macaroni is for mac & cheese (this is the recipe I use).  It makes a lot, so I make it just for Thanksgiving and Christmas (it's requested!!)  It's been a while, but I used to make macaroni salad.  I love pasta of all kinds, but am trying very hard to cut way down on them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)