Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

I would like to know

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:18 PM
  • 61 Replies
1 mom liked this

Aside from your family, what are you passionate about?  What gets your heart pumping and brings you lots of joy?

by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amylulu1
by Amy on May. 3, 2013 at 12:32 PM

How sad is my life?  I tried to think of something that I'm passionate about besides my family and I can't really think of anything.  I love to read and my kindle goes with me EVERYWHERE, but where's the fun in being passionate about books?  Ugh.  Thanks, Nancy, now I'm depressed that I just schlep through each day, LOL.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on May. 3, 2013 at 12:33 PM

My friends are the second most important things in my life and I am also very passionate about my critters, (2 dogs and a cat).  Travel is a passion of mine and I am always ready and excited to go most anywhere.  I am also very passionate about and derive much joy from working in my flower beds.  The simple things in life bring me pleasure.

Why123
by Nancy on May. 3, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I am passionate about books.  I never go anywhere without one.  I have times when I absolutely have to go buy some new ones.  Reading is fundamental.

Quoting amylulu1:

How sad is my life?  I tried to think of something that I'm passionate about besides my family and I can't really think of anything.  I love to read and my kindle goes with me EVERYWHERE, but where's the fun in being passionate about books?  Ugh.  Thanks, Nancy, now I'm depressed that I just schlep through each day, LOL.

Why123
by Nancy on May. 3, 2013 at 12:42 PM

There are lots of things that make you happy.  Good for you.

Quoting mac1940:

My friends are the second most important things in my life and I am also very passionate about my critters, (2 dogs and a cat).  Travel is a passion of mine and I am always ready and excited to go most anywhere.  I am also very passionate about and derive much joy from working in my flower beds.  The simple things in life bring me pleasure.

rosebud727
by Rose on May. 3, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I have a lot of things I'm passionate about, travel, reading and music are the first to come to mind.

Why123
by Nancy on May. 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I love music too.  What is your favorite kind?

Quoting rosebud727:

I have a lot of things I'm passionate about, travel, reading and music are the first to come to mind.

rosebud727
by Rose on May. 3, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Oh, how could I forget. I love to cook!

I listen to a very wide range of music, from rock, progressive to classical. It really depends on my mood. I love broadway musicals, so of course I have a collection of show tunes.

Quoting Why123:

Quoting rosebud727:

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Reading, my cats, my work, friends, sunsets, and travel.

Why123
by Nancy on May. 3, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I also listen to a wide range of music.  One of the guys at work recently digitized someone's record collection.  He then put then on our department's shared drive so that I could copy them.  I love that music.

Quoting rosebud727:

Oh, how could I forget. I love to cook!

I listen to a very wide range of music, from rock, progressive to classical. It really depends on my mood. I love broadway musicals, so of course I have a collection of show tunes.

Quoting Why123:

Quoting rosebud727:

Why123
by Nancy on May. 3, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I like the idea of sunsets.  They can be very beautiful.

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Reading, my cats, my work, friends, sunsets, and travel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN