Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am really struggling with something today...

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 5:26 PM
  • 23 Replies

Definitely nothing like the usual post from me. VERY DEEP thoughts here today. I have a couple of things really bothering me today but, this is the big one. 

If a 20-something kid has been raised with ZERO religious education of any sort dies what happens to that soul upon death in his early 20's? I firmly beleive that kids have to be given the information and education. IF they CHOOSE not to follow whatever religious education they've been given then they've made the choice. They were given the information to make that choice. However, if they were never given the information to make the choice do they actually MAKE the choice or? And what happens to that soul?

I don't particularly mean any one religion so this isn't a Christianity thing. It could be satanism if that's what you believe in.

Is this something he pays for with eternity? I really feel it is his parent's fault and that he shouldn't pay. However, his actions were not exactly respectful of anyone but his self centered world
Did he get enough education in the world in knowing that religion is out there and if he wanted he could get educated? Is that enough to make the choice not to choose any belief?  

by on May. 3, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 3, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Your answer is going to depend on the perspective of the person answering it.  Christians will give you an answer that would be completely different from an athiest's point of view.

What about 700+ years ago on this continent? what of the natives who had not been exposed to any "religious" teachings?  what happened to all the souls from that era?  are they "paying" for that with "eternity?" 

KittyGram
by Becky on May. 3, 2013 at 5:50 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree with Ronna. You could get as many different opinions as there are members in this group. We could each tell you what our beliefs are, and what our churches teach us, but that's just our opinions, and many of them. And really, who's to say any one of us REALLY has the right answer. One day, when we each stand before God, or whomever we stand before, we may all be surprised to find out that all of our churches had it wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mac1940
by Mary Ann on May. 3, 2013 at 5:55 PM

I completely and wholeheartedly agree with what Bonna and Becky posted.  I don't think any of us would have either the right or the wrong answer to what you are seeking.  Good Luck though in figuring it out.

MamaSnaps
by on May. 3, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I do have my own reasoning (warped, probably!) for that. Which is this:
ALL religions seem to boil down to the same basic principles. It doesn't matter to me if it's the spiritual beliefs of the Indian's long ago or the Jews or whatever. I choose to believe the way I believe but, I don't believe that it makes the way anyone else believes is wrong either. 

Quoting suzeebloch:

Your answer is going to depend on the perspective of the person answering it.  Christians will give you an answer that would be completely different from an athiest's point of view.

What about 700+ years ago on this continent? what of the natives who had not been exposed to any "religious" teachings?  what happened to all the souls from that era?  are they "paying" for that with "eternity?" 

MamaSnaps
by on May. 3, 2013 at 6:13 PM

That's kind of where my beliefs lie. My beliefs are right to me but, that doesn't make them right to anyone else. 

In my eyes he didn't have to even believe in the same God as I-but by not being given ANY God to believe in I feel he was robbed. 
Did that make ANY sense to anyone besides my warped logic?  

Quoting KittyGram:

I agree with Ronna. You could get as many different opinions as there are members in this group. We could each tell you what our beliefs are, and what our churches teach us, but that's just our opinions, and many of them. And really, who's to say any one of us REALLY has the right answer. One day, when we each stand before God, or whomever we stand before, we may all be surprised to find out that all of our churches had it wrong.

MamaSnaps
by on May. 3, 2013 at 6:15 PM

To be honest, I don't think there is any figuring it out. I think it's one of those things in life that you have to put your faith in (whatever you believe for your religious) beliefs that he's cared for. It's just been bugging me and I'll get there. There are other things with this situation that is bothering me too but, that's a whole long and convoluted story in itself. Not one for the internet.  

Quoting mac1940:

I completely and wholeheartedly agree with what Bonna and Becky posted.  I don't think any of us would have either the right or the wrong answer to what you are seeking.  Good Luck though in figuring it out.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 3, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Here's my interpretation of things, after we die:

Heaven:  When just about everyone you ever met remembers you fondly and a smile comes to their face upon remembering you.

Hell: When just about everyone you ever met curses outloud or even under their breath at the mere mention or thought of you.

Quoting MamaSnaps:

I do have my own reasoning (warped, probably!) for that. Which is this:
ALL religions seem to boil down to the same basic principles. It doesn't matter to me if it's the spiritual beliefs of the Indian's long ago or the Jews or whatever. I choose to believe the way I believe but, I don't believe that it makes the way anyone else believes is wrong either. 

Quoting suzeebloch:

momma-t42
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2013 at 6:56 PM

According to what I believe, if I felt heavy in my heart as you do and on the topic with which you shared, I personally would be lifting that family up in prayer.  For me, I realize things come to my mind that I cannot control or change, and for me, I feel it was placed on my heart to intercede in prayer as I believe prayer is such a powerful thing.  Of course, this is what I believe and what I would do in reaction. 

I'm sorry this is heavy on your heart, but your heart has been tendered for a reason. 

Gentle hugs :)

njt320
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:31 PM
I think about this a lot lately becuz my ds 23 says he doesn't believe and I raised him catholic. I just pray he believes before he dies :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosebud727
by Rose on May. 3, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

This person your referring to, maybe organized religion isn't his thing. Does that make him wrong? Who's to say that any religion has it right?

Maybe this person has a very spiritual side that your not aware of. Not everyone wants to share their ideas or beliefs about God or the afterlife.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)