Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What type of family life do you have?

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 9:00 PM
  • 23 Replies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mac1940
by Mary Ann on May. 4, 2013 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this

When my now adult kids were growing up, we were a very active, close family.  We were busy with whatever it was the kids were involved in, sports, music,, etc.  We enjoyed and did a lot of camping and fishing.  And now they are married with kids and none of them live near where we live, so life is a little less hectic but fortunately we still remain a close family and plan get togethers as often as we can.  Hubby and I still enjoy camping and fishing and we do have a close circle of friends.  

Paralegaleagle
by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:10 AM
My kids are 23, 21and 18. We are very close it's like we grew up together. I do have a bit of empty nest syndrome.
atlmom2
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 8:32 AM
We are empty nesters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Just me and Dan live here with the dogs, cat, chickens, ducks. All the kids live in various states. In fact, all our relatives live in various states. I live a very relaxed life, very quiet.

Lindalou907
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 11:54 AM

We are empty nesters, I don't really like it. My husband has taken up drinking in the afternoons and it's driving a huge wedge between us. I am most happy I notice when any of the kids come by, or I'm with friends.

MamaSnaps
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:06 PM

UH... is INSANITY a family type? LOL!  I am nto sure how to describe our family 'type.'

We're deeply involved in our kids lives-sports, activities and the like. We are very close and I work hard to keep it that way-even with the child who lives half a continent away with my grand babies. My at home kids who are 13 (foster)son 15 son and 17 daughter all still spend the entire summer at camp with us. They all go to the other's sports and activities and are involved in some way more than just watching. 

teaching1972
by on May. 5, 2013 at 12:12 PM

We are empty nesters and retired.  I am enjoying every moment.  DH and I enjoy sports, music, theater, and just being together.  Our sons all live away.  We enjoy their coming home and going to visit them.  We also enjoy traveling to other places.  We are very lucky.  The only drawback that we have is my DH's mom is 92 and just went into a nursing home.  He keeps a very close eye on her.  He is in charge of her personal business,too.  That takes time.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 5, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I'm single and solo and don't have an SO.  I live by myself with my 2 cats.  My daughter will be 33 this summer and lives maybe 10 miles from me but she has her life and I have mine.  We chat every now and then.  My son will be 23 this summer, lives some 1800 miles from me.  He was able to come home for 3 weeks at Christmas during college winter breaks but last year he was working and could only be here 4 and 1/2 days.   My parents and brother live about 3 miles away.  I visit with them maybe 3 - 4 times a month.  I know it should / could be more often but I'm busy, my brother is busy and mom and dad are in relatively good health, in their 80s. We are always just an email or phone call away.

So, "what type of family life" do I have?  lol.

rosebud727
by Rose on May. 5, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Hmmm, well I have two daughter's. One who graduated college in 2011 and is 23 and the other who started college in 2011 and she just turned 20.

We are currently empty nester's with two cats, one who hunts all day outside and the other my house cat who sleeps most of the day inside.

We recently moved and are getting settled into our leased house and hunting for our forever home.

We both work and have friends outside our relationship with that we like to get together with as well as common friends. We both have family in the area and we don't get together with them as much as we like but we try. Some family members are great and some are a real pain. A pretty typical family.

smile357
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I live with my husband and my 11 year old son. I also have a 22 year old daughter and a 20 month old granddaugter. They all tend to keep me and my hubby very busy. I only live 5 minutes from my daughter so we see them all to often sometimes.  I have a very small circle of friends and don't talk to either side of our families. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)