Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

In other news, my son update.

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:52 PM
  • 12 Replies

No job yet. Still trying to find something but it's hard with no experiences and his issues.

Just broke up with his gf. Yay! He doesn't seem too broken up over it. He is already talking with some other girl.

Found him a place to play the sport he loves three times a week. So he will be getting good exercise and endorphin's!

by on May. 5, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 5, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

ugh. I'm sorry.  But the news about your daughter and then this about your son should put you at about even, right?    What sport is it that he loves?  Is there anyway for him to perhaps get a job (or even volunteer) along those lines? 

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I've been looking for any job he can do along those lines but overall I'm happy with things going on with him too right now.

jabs54
by Jeanine on May. 5, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad he is not with the girl you don't like.  Good luck on finding a job!

louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 5, 2013 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I wish him much peace and happiness....keep us posted    :)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:40 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Glad things for the most part are going well with him,
Is he actively looking for work now?
Awesome on his sports that he enjoys ;)

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on May. 6, 2013 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Hope things continue to look up for your son, and for you. 

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 12:24 PM

He is looking. And his, "what he doesn't want to do list", is rapidly diminishing as he has no luck. He's saying, "Well I'm not getting anything, Maybe I should try X." now, stuff he never wanted to do.

Filling out an application form brings up his anxiety to the point he is done in the rest of the day. He has two forms of anxiety, depression, dyscalcula and dysgraphia. You'd think online forms would be the answer but those bring up his anxiety too.

He's a great young man, willing to work hard and learn a job. It seems everyone wants outgoing leaders with experience though.

Quoting hugss:

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww hugs to you both hon,
Wonder if he could find some online work where he doesn't have to deal with people so much?
Or at like a Home Depot where he is doing more labor type of work?
Best of luck to him :)

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

He is looking. And his, "what he doesn't want to do list", is rapidly diminishing as he has no luck. He's saying, "Well I'm not getting anything, Maybe I should try X." now, stuff he never wanted to do.

Filling out an application form brings up his anxiety to the point he is done in the rest of the day. He has two forms of anxiety, depression, dyscalcula and dysgraphia. You'd think online forms would be the answer but those bring up his anxiety too.

He's a great young man, willing to work hard and learn a job. It seems everyone wants outgoing leaders with experience though.

Quoting hugss:

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I actually think he could be therapeutically helped by dealing with people. When he briefly had the job as a stocker at the grocery store he got to liking it and feeling good about his own competence. He is good with people. People tend to love him.

Quoting hugss:

Wonder if he could find some online work where he doesn't have to deal with people so much?

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Quoting hugss:

hugss

by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh ok that does sound good then,
Fingers crossed he finds something ..
maybe at a fast food place?
Let us know when he finds something ;)

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

I actually think he could be therapeutically helped by dealing with people. When he briefly had the job as a stocker at the grocery store he got to liking it and feeling good about his own competence. He is good with people. People tend to love him.

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Quoting hugss:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)