Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Hello hello hello....

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 5:25 PM
  • 8 Replies

I feel like I haven't been here very much. Seems I'm so busy lately. Good busy I suppose. Loving that spring is finally here (well, we still have frost 'til early mornings). We've been working outside on the yard and gardens. Last spring we were finishing up renovations on the house (we'd just moved here December '11), and of course last summer we got married. I feel so comfortably settled here, new home, new town, new state, new friends. For the first time in my life...with all the moving I've ever done....I finally feel HOME.

I have been struggling with my physical health of course...Degenerative Disc Disease, Arthritis, Thoracic & Lumbar Scoliosis, Fibromyalgia, and the limited movements of my wrist/hand. I have a new doctor, she's great. She'd been seeing me every 3 months since I found her, as my file is so big, and I'm new to her, and it's all about her getting to know me. She's very thorough...takes a long time during my visits, listens and answers to all my questions. I am on 6 prescriptions, and I'm really not happy with that. I want myself back.

I stay as active as I can, and I never know what each day will be like until I get up in the morning. Mostly I have good days, and then it catches up and I'm down for the count. But I've learned there's no fighting it, just rest. I've joined 2 yoga classes/week, and have made wonderful friends there. I've joined 2 'gym' classes/week (excercise ball, and light weights), and really like the women there. I've been watching what I eat....and since seeing the doctor, have only lost 5 pounds! She thought that was good. NO...not when I'm doing all I am and eating right. She tested my thyroid twice, and it's fine.

She's decided it would be a good to eliminate wheat from my diet. She said that is the cause of the belly that seems to stay. She had done some research and it seems that it could be the aggrivator, and cause of some of my things. Agrivating my joints, inflammation, foggyness, memory issues, etc. So I'm on day 3 of being 'gluten-free'... it's going very well. She also wants me to get off most of the meds...she prescribed Medical Marijuana. I will take a CDV strain, which is not a psychoactive strain, but a pain reliever, muscle relaxer, etc. No side effects, so I'm all for it.

You know we have the 3 dogs, 1 cat, 5 chickens, 4 ducks. We just got 15 Jersey Giant chicks last week. SO cute!! These are meat birds.....this winter. I took some pics today....they're so funny. I only edited the 1st one. The other are straight out of the camera.

So I just thought I'd pop in, and say HI!!

by on May. 5, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mac1940
by Mary Ann on May. 5, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Hi!  Nice to hear from you and know that you are settled in and enjoying your new locale.  From the pictures you have posted in the past, it truly looks like an ideal place to be.  I am glad you seem to be having more good days than bad health wise.  Guess as we get a bit older, we have to expect that we won't feel great every day.  I love the pictures you just posted.  Baby chicks are so cute and apparently not put off by the size of your dogs.  My granddaughters just got a couple of chicks on Easter and are having the best time with them.  I doubt they will ever see a frying pan or stew pot or the inside of a freezer, since they have been named and are much loved.   I think the best my daughter can hope for is an egg once in awhile.  One can't eat pets, can they?

EireLass
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 5:55 PM

You are right...I don't think it's too easy to eat a pet. My 5 big girls all have names, and really are like pets. They come when they're called, they love to be up in my lap and cuddling, haha. Goofy. My husband keeps telling me not to get too chummy with these chicks. ha

Quoting mac1940:

Hi!  Nice to hear from you and know that you are settled in and enjoying your new locale.  From the pictures you have posted in the past, it truly looks like an ideal place to be.  I am glad you seem to be having more good days than bad health wise.  Guess as we get a bit older, we have to expect that we won't feel great every day.  I love the pictures you just posted.  Baby chicks are so cute and apparently not put off by the size of your dogs.  My granddaughters just got a couple of chicks on Easter and are having the best time with them.  I doubt they will ever see a frying pan or stew pot or the inside of a freezer, since they have been named and are much loved.   I think the best my daughter can hope for is an egg once in awhile.  One can't eat pets, can they?

suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 5, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Hey there!  I've seen you lurking about, answer a post or two!  Your pictures are always so good and I look forward to seeing them.  You are an excellent photographer! 

Lots of foods have inflammatory responses to them ... one thing you might try is consuming ginger.  I swear that the little aches and pains I used to have all the time seem to have almost disappeared since I started drinking ginger "tea."  One of the oriental stores here sells grated ginger and I run a carafe of water thru a generous dollop of the grated ginger in my coffeemaker and drink that during the day after my couple cups of coffee.  I also add dried chamomile to it as chamomile has calming qualities. 

But I'm glad to hear you are settling in and finally feel "home." 

jabs54
by Jeanine on May. 5, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I'm so glad you are happy with your new home AND doctor :)   Hope you continue to get better and better!

louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 5, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Love the pics!!  Glad to hear from you too!!!  It's always good to keep up with our girls.  I hope things will look up for you and continue to do so!!    :)

Bmat
by Barb on May. 5, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Hi! Love the pictures! It is encouraging that the new diet may be helping. Please keep us posted on how it goes.

Maddie24
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Those are great pictures - beautiful dog.  It is good to hear you are happy in your new home.  I know some of the challenges with degenerative disc.  I usually pay dearly for being on my feet all day.  Hope you have good luck with the meds!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:51 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 6, 2013 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

So good to see you,
Wow life sounds awesome for you for the most part!  Happy to hear that!
Great you really like your new doctor & she sems to be on board & same page as you.
Interesting on the gluten free but so glad that is working for you.
the pics .. OMGosh, so cute.  Hard to believe they wer just sitting there like that, so cool!
Hope you continue to do well & pop in when you can :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN