Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When was the last time you...... did something for yourself?

Posted by   + Show Post

Did you get pampered or buy yourself something? holding cloth bag

Lock yourself away in your room with a good book and a do not disturb sign.  reading

Eat a cupcake or chocolate bar that you really wanted?   having chocolate

Go to lunch or dinner with friends?  margarita time

I am going on Friday for a microdermabrasion mini peel facial. Its something I do for myself and my gift to me.

What did you do for you?

by on May. 7, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Replies (11-20):
mac1940
by Mary Ann on May. 7, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Just last week when hubby was busy working on the motor on his boat, I went into my office and spent the who afternoon doing some writing.    

momma-t42
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this

It was wonderful.  No, I didn't go anywhere like that...lol

I had my husband pull our camper out to this quaint little RV site about 40 miles south of the city.  No sirens, no trains, no barking dogs as most people there are retired people traveling which is right up my alley.  We bought a brand new camper last year and it's very nice and comfy to hang out in with Full hook-ups (water, electric, sewar)...a flat panel tv, a shower and potty, a seperate bedroom, and a decent slide out to make the living accomodations greater in the kitchen and living room area(It's like pulling a little hotel suite out to the middle of nowhere..minus room service..haha).  It rained and snowed the whole time I was there so I wasn't about to go out in it..lol

My husband came out on Friday night to spend the rest of the weekend with me...again, it was still freezing cold out.  And, don't ya know, late friday night...midnight to be exact, while I'm sleeping, I wake up freezing and a major headache....I ask hubby to turn up the heat.  OH, there wasn't any heat because we ran out of propane running the heater.  Thank goodness I packed many extra blankets that always stay in the camper...and our bed had a heated matress we hadn't used yet until that night.  It saved us...haha.  but, we could have drove back into town and into our own beds I suppose.  It made for a fun adventure all the same.  :)

Quoting Esmrlda:

Aw man, I would love to do something like that. Did you go to a nice town that you could go for strolls and window shop?

Quoting momma-t42:

Last week, I went out of town and spent a whole 48 hours alone (I had the two french bulldogs puppies), by myself, few interruptions... Just me having time to gather my thoughts, spend time in prayer and be at peace with where I am.  It was SOOOO refreshing, I'd like to do it again soon.

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 7, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Oh thank goodness for that heated mattress.  Thats nice to be all cozy in your camper. Its fun to meet the traveling people too.  Weve been in our trailer in a cold night before on an air mattress and the air mattress felt like we were sleeping on a block of ice!  It was miserable.  Whats up with your weather?  snow still? 

Quoting momma-t42:

It was wonderful.  No, I didn't go anywhere like that...lol

I had my husband pull our camper out to this quaint little RV site about 40 miles south of the city.  No sirens, no trains, no barking dogs as most people there are retired people traveling which is right up my alley.  We bought a brand new camper last year and it's very nice and comfy to hang out in with Full hook-ups (water, electric, sewar)...a flat panel tv, a shower and potty, a seperate bedroom, and a decent slide out to make the living accomodations greater in the kitchen and living room area(It's like pulling a little hotel suite out to the middle of nowhere..minus room service..haha).  It rained and snowed the whole time I was there so I wasn't about to go out in it..lol

My husband came out on Friday night to spend the rest of the weekend with me...again, it was still freezing cold out.  And, don't ya know, late friday night...midnight to be exact, while I'm sleeping, I wake up freezing and a major headache....I ask hubby to turn up the heat.  OH, there wasn't any heat because we ran out of propane running the heater.  Thank goodness I packed many extra blankets that always stay in the camper...and our bed had a heated matress we hadn't used yet until that night.  It saved us...haha.  but, we could have drove back into town and into our own beds I suppose.  It made for a fun adventure all the same.  :)

Quoting Esmrlda:

Aw man, I would love to do something like that. Did you go to a nice town that you could go for strolls and window shop?

Quoting momma-t42:

Last week, I went out of town and spent a whole 48 hours alone (I had the two french bulldogs puppies), by myself, few interruptions... Just me having time to gather my thoughts, spend time in prayer and be at peace with where I am.  It was SOOOO refreshing, I'd like to do it again soon.

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 7, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Nice!  Maybe your on a roll now? Gonna finish that novel.......I waiting!  LOL ; )

Quoting mac1940:

Just last week when hubby was busy working on the motor on his boat, I went into my office and spent the who afternoon doing some writing.    

LadySaphira
by Lisa on May. 7, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Last night I went to K-mart with the influencer gift card CM sent me and bought myself 2 new shirts for mother's day.

ysmeine
by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I bought antiwrinkle serum and callus remover. I also bought plants for outside. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Hugs on May. 7, 2013 at 7:25 PM

About a month ago when I had a mani/pedi :)

Tatiana7
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I now treat myself to mani/pedis. Love that. I get myself new bags/shoes every now and again.

Having adult children means all the "extra" funds can go to me! Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mariagma3
Praying this transfer goes through without problems. IL, we're headed home!
Today at 1:06 AM
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Last month, I had my eyebrows waxed! I need it done again!

kam013
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Honestly, lately I do a lot for myself.  As most Moms do, I have spent the majority of my life doing things for others, including my MIL (she doesn't drive).  So this year I decided it was time to take back my life, so to speak.

I signed up for Kick-boxing classes, I bought a new treadmill and I have been going tanning.  I also bought DH & I new bikes. I went shopping for some new workout clothes and bought myself several new pairs of sneakers.  In case you couldn't tell I have been on a fitness kick. LOL

For the first time in about a year I loaded 5 new books to my kindle and am actually taking the time to read them.

I have also booked a trip for DH & I to go to Florida for a week. We are spending a few days visiting my Mom & Dad and are then spending the rest of the time in Key West.  I bought myself some new jewelry for the trip too.

Beyond that I always have monthly lunch dates with my girlfriends and I play tennis with my BFF 3 days a week.

Wow, there are a lot of "I's" in that post, probably more than I have ever used.  Though I have always done some stuff for myself, I have really started focusing on things that make me happy.    

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)