Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

When was the last time you...... did something for yourself?

Posted by   + Show Post

Did you get pampered or buy yourself something? holding cloth bag

Lock yourself away in your room with a good book and a do not disturb sign.  reading

Eat a cupcake or chocolate bar that you really wanted?   having chocolate

Go to lunch or dinner with friends?  margarita time

I am going on Friday for a microdermabrasion mini peel facial. Its something I do for myself and my gift to me.

What did you do for you?

by on May. 7, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Replies (31-40):
Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 8, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Are you good at that?  You must be, Im not so good at that game.

Quoting Bmat:

Last night I sat down with my kindle and played sudoku. :)

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 8, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Much better than tweezing!  You dont get a rash afterwards?

Quoting Mariagma3:

Last month, I had my eyebrows waxed! I need it done again!

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 8, 2013 at 12:06 PM

clapping Good for you!  So important to focus on the things that make us happy without having to comprimise anything.  Kickboxing is hard, you must be in really good shape to do that.  Ahhhh the Keys.....

Quoting kam013:

Honestly, lately I do a lot for myself.  As most Moms do, I have spent the majority of my life doing things for others, including my MIL (she doesn't drive).  So this year I decided it was time to take back my life, so to speak.

I signed up for Kick-boxing classes, I bought a new treadmill and I have been going tanning.  I also bought DH & I new bikes. I went shopping for some new workout clothes and bought myself several new pairs of sneakers.  In case you couldn't tell I have been on a fitness kick. LOL

For the first time in about a year I loaded 5 new books to my kindle and am actually taking the time to read them.

I have also booked a trip for DH & I to go to Florida for a week. We are spending a few days visiting my Mom & Dad and are then spending the rest of the time in Key West.  I bought myself some new jewelry for the trip too.

Beyond that I always have monthly lunch dates with my girlfriends and I play tennis with my BFF 3 days a week.

Wow, there are a lot of "I's" in that post, probably more than I have ever used.  Though I have always done some stuff for myself, I have really started focusing on things that make me happy.    

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 8, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I hope you dont feel guilty for long, its a wonderful present to yourself and its gorgeous too.  You so deserve it, anything that makes you happy is priceless.

Quoting Maddie24:

I got a porch and the back yard landscaped.  I have been talking about this dream for quite a while.  I wanted to get everything settled before retirement years.  I do feel guilty - but it is done.

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 8, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I love silver jewelry.  How often do you clean your pieces?

Quoting DesignGirl450:

Last week in Mexico, I bought myself some more silver jewellery.

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 8, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Gotta have some me time! Probably more so than material things.

Quoting Cindy18:

I don't remember. I read Alot. So that is mostly me time.

Tatiana7
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Oooo, yeah. That's not cheap!

Quoting Esmrlda:

Yeah Tatiana I love it!  I feel the same way except that Im still helping mine with college. Haha One more year.

Quoting Tatiana7:

I now treat myself to mani/pedis. Love that. I get myself new bags/shoes every now and again.

Having adult children means all the "extra" funds can go to me! Lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 8, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Awesome, what kind of car did you get?

Quoting jdy9440:

I went for a mani pedi a few days ago...oh and bought myself a new car 3 weeks ago.

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 8, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Oh yes you should, go treat yourself!

Quoting Why123:

I don't remember.  It has been a while.  I have a huge stash of books because I read constantly.  I am thinking about going to the cafeteria for lunch today.  That would be different.

jdy9440
by on May. 8, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I bought 2012 Chevy captiva...it's a SUV.

Quoting Esmrlda:

Awesome, what kind of car did you get?

Quoting jdy9440:

I went for a mani pedi a few days ago...oh and bought myself a new car 3 weeks ago.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN