Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

4 weeks and feeling fabulous

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 7:01 PM
  • 33 Replies

It's been four weeks since I was fired from the group home.

It's difficult to just "let it go', but I've been working on being at peace, and seeking out what I need to do next.

Last week I got away for a couple days just me and our two french bulldogs, to really cleanse my heart and focus forward from the things that have been lingering.  It was a wonderful time being alone without distractions of other things I could be doing or errands that I needed to run.

Right when I come to terms within myself to be at peace (and just in time I might add), my phone rings within hours of returning from my getaway.  It is the New Director who fired me.  

She is calling to see how I am doing?  It was a great day for her to call really, because I am now in a GREAT place within me.  She was checking in for the one thing I had been wondering would be asked......if I'd be interested in going back?  She shared very little information with me, but did say all the things I shared with her when I was working there, she is now hearing. 

Today, I got a text from a house staff who is still working there asking how I was doing and how she misses me.  

I am not going to read into any of it.  But will say, how nice it is to get to a place within myself of peace to know I did what I could, and meant well with what I fought for, and it was encouraging to hear the new Director very humbly validate the purpose of fighting the conflict that was wreaking havoc...and that I was not the problem.

This whole week has had a great beginning from a wonderful and peaceful week I had last week.

Here's some pics of us last week.  The "fatties" (our french bulldogs) are the best company, even when they're begging for food, snoring so loud it's difficult to sleep, or being the insulation we need when we ran out of propane...lol

They just wanted a little morsel. ;)

Deklan devoured a squeeker toy

This is about 1 am on Saturday...It had snowed the day before and we ran out of propane to heat our camper.  We had every blanket piled onto our bed, with the frenchies in between to help keep us warm.  I put on sweats, and socks...and THANKFULLY our new camper came with a heated mattress that my hubby remembered when I was about to say "I want to go home"...lol  We survived until the next morning...never mind the icicles hang from our nostrils...lol

by on May. 7, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadySaphira
by Lisa on May. 7, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Glad you are doing so well!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:36 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 7, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Aww such great pics,
Glad you're feeling/doing better now & had some time away.
So would you go back if asked?

momma-t42
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Up until I got away by myself I had given thoughts of calling the retiring director to ask for my job back.  I didn't allow the thoughts to tear at me or anything...just here and there.

Once I got away, I really did find peace in my heart that I can just 'be still' and wait.

I would truly have to hear in my heart that is what I am suppose to do.  But it is not what I am hearing right now....and if I don't, I can honestly say "I'm okay with it now."

The best part, I am not bitter and I am no longer angry.  I feel free of all burdens.  I also saw the girls from the group home at church this weekend.  It was so wonderful to see them as they literally ran up to me when church was over.  Kind of an added closure to whatever happened, and calm about whatever may come my way.

Quoting hugss:

Aww such great pics,

momma-t42
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Me too.  I didn't realize how great it would be to get away by myself until I did it.  The first night I felt a wee bit panicked because the wind was tossing the camper back n forth and I was having some anxiety that my husband wasn't there.  But, I said a little prayer, cuddled close to the fatties, and finally fell asleep.  The next two days were great and peaceful.

Quoting LadySaphira:

Glad you are doing so well!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:36 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Oh good then the away time served many purposes,
How neat to have seen the girls at church too.
As they say one door closes & another opens :)

Quoting momma-t42:

Up until I got away by myself I had given thoughts of calling the retiring director to ask for my job back.  I didn't allow the thoughts to tear at me or anything...just here and there.

Once I got away, I really did find peace in my heart that I can just 'be still' and wait.

I would truly have to hear in my heart that is what I am suppose to do.  But it is not what I am hearing right now....and if I don't, I can honestly say "I'm okay with it now."

The best part, I am not bitter and I am no longer angry.  I feel free of all burdens.  I also saw the girls from the group home at church this weekend.  It was so wonderful to see them as they literally ran up to me when church was over.  Kind of an added closure to whatever happened, and calm about whatever may come my way.

Quoting hugss:

Aww such great pics,

Maddie24
by Gold Member on May. 7, 2013 at 8:32 PM

First off the pictures are great -  the pups are adorable and it is always great to see a happy couple have true joy.  You are blessed.  A door will open -  It will be at the right place and at the right time.  It is always so hard to be still and wait. 

Bmat
by Barb on May. 7, 2013 at 8:37 PM

The pictures are so sweet!  I am glad that you have found peace.

cherylam
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:42 PM

I'm glad you are doing well... I hope you find the inner peace you need, totally understandable.

jabs54
by Jeanine on May. 7, 2013 at 8:58 PM

I can't believe it's been 4 weeks!  It seems like it happened a couple weeks ago.  I'm glad you are at peace :)

Great pictures!

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on May. 7, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Thanks for sharing.  Glad you are doing well, and great little hot water bottles you have there. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)