Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

It is:

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:22 PM
  • 20 Replies

National BBQ'ing Month!  What kind of grill do you prefer or use,Charcoal or Gas?  And what is your favorite thing to throw on the grill?barbecuing

by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I like about anything cooked on the grill from hot dogs to rib eye.lol And we use charcoal I think in give the food a better flavor.

We've had both but went back to using charcoal the last few summers.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on May. 8, 2013 at 12:32 PM

We like the Weber grills, have a small one in our motor home and a larger one at home.  Also we have a charcoal which we use for some thinks as I too think the foot tastes better.  And anything cooked on the grill is my favorite.

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 8, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Yaaay, Charcoal for sure and Tri Tip, Hamburgers, chicken, steak. Corn on the cob.

Why123
by Nancy on May. 8, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I am not crazy about anything cooked on a grill.  My son loves it.  When I was in Georgia my daughter made bacon wrapped pickles that she cooked on the grill.  Those were addicting.

KittyGram
by Becky on May. 8, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I have a charcoal grill.  I've never used a gas one, but would love to just once, just to see the difference for myself.

I love almost anything grilled, my favorite, though would be a nice, thick, juicy steak.  But I love chicken, hot dogs, Italian sausage, salmon, corn on the cob, potatoes....................................  You name it, I love it!

I think I'll have to try those bacon wrapped pickles that Nancy mentioned...... 

I gotta tell you:  I'm really pissed at my condo association.  Last September, in fact it was the day my daughter got married, I came home to a boarded up patio window, and no balcony (and no big crab apple tree outside my window either).  Then about 3 days later, we all got letters from the association, stating that in our courtyard, and in half of one of the other courtyards (the oldest parts of the complex), there was structural damage found in 3 balconies, and the contractor would not put in writing that any of the others were "structurally sound", so 1/2 of the complex lost their balconies.  And gained a $63/month for 36 months special assessment. 

I'm still seething that we got no advance notice, which according to them, by law they have up to 30 days after to notify homeowners of anything like this.  I'm still seething that the board voted, but the homeowners had no voice in the matter at all.  I'm still seething that the damn special assessment will go on for 3 years.  But what I'm seething about most is that they were supposed to finish by mid November.  I still have no balcony.  I'm just itching to get out there and grill, and the weather has been so gorgeous lately.  And I have no balcony (and the door is still boarded up, about halfway, so it's dark in my condo). 

I did see some work done yesterday, in fact, they were the rails, on about half of the 3rd floor (second floor has been done for a couple weeks, and then absolutely nothing till yesterday), so maybe when I get home today, I'll be a little closer to having a balcony again.  Maybe this damn project will end this month.  I hate to get my hopes up, though. 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on May. 8, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I prefer charcoal and the only thing I can afford to throw on the grill is hot dogs and hamburgers so I guess I'll choose hot dogs LOL

drumomma
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM

We also use only charcoal - My favorite is hot dogs on the grill - about the only way I will eat them. But also like steaks, porkchops, burgers, ribs, chicken - doesn't matter what it all tastes better grilled!

Bmat
by Barb on May. 8, 2013 at 2:26 PM

I like grilled food of all kinds, but my husband won't grill, and I don't want to carry food in and out of the house, so I cook only in the kitchen. I know there are grills that are in stoves, but I wonder about the mess.

jabs54
by Jeanine on May. 8, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I can't cook on a grill.  We had a gas grill and it kind of "exploded" on me and singed my eyebrows ;)

louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 8, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I love anything cooked on the grill.  I have a charcoal and that's my fav kind.  Food tastes much better cooked on it to me.  I like anything....hamburger, steak, hot dog etc....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)