Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Do you have an open door policy?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 3:04 PM
  • 27 Replies

Do you have an open door policy? I mean that if your adult children needed to come back home, could they?

Or would they have to stick it out and find their own way?

by on May. 8, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Why123
by Nancy on May. 8, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Mine have all passed through at one time or another.

louannwilkins
by Louann on May. 8, 2013 at 3:31 PM

The door is always open.  :)

Mariagma3
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Our door is always open! :)

busygramma4
by on May. 8, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I have had too much of an open door policy with my one daughter over the last 6 yrs.

photo pojeymabs41mtbb_zpsfc395f21.png          photo poek5lef40z9wk.png

suzeebloch
by Ronna on May. 8, 2013 at 4:25 PM

If either of my children would find themselves in dire straits, it would depend on the situation.  If it was due to poor choices they've made I'd feel less inclined to open my door.  If it was due to a situation that was totally beyond their control I'd welcome them with open arms.  Does that make sense?  

jdy9440
by on May. 8, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Open

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:18 PM

My kids can always come home but if they do, they have to follow my rules and pay rent and help out around the house.

atlmom2
by Susie on May. 8, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Yes, but once they are plenty old enough to be on their own it would be for 3 to 6 months to save enough money to move out. They could work 2 or 3 minimum wage jobs if they had to. No rent needed, would rather they save to move out again.
Our 22 yo moved out last year. We didn't want her to. Wanted her to live at home and save money. She has saved zero really since moving out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mac1940
by Mary Ann on May. 8, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I have an open door policy but have never had one of them use it.  Once they left, except for visiting, they have never returned.

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 8, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Open, but she dosent want to come home.  I think she would if she were in dire straits.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)